YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Nov 8, 2018 at 13:06 Quote
MikeyMT wrote:
Can't seem to get an answer from YT on this..looking for a new headset...anyone know what to buy and what size?

2017 CF Tues (old version)...?

Email the German office. They speak english and most of the questions I asked the SoCal office about my 2015 Capra were referred there anyway. The new kids running the SoCal shop know nothing about older YT bikes. Not their fault - there were hired on new and had no access to older gear. You would think they could give you specs on a 2017 headset, though......

I just built up a TUES MK III from the 'sale' -pretty stoked on it!

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 7:22 Quote
Sent my '17 Tues CF frame back today due to cracks developing around the linkage. I've never had to Warranty a frame before and coincidentally this is/was my first Carbon frame.

Hopefully the process will be smooth and painless.

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 18:39 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
MikeyMT wrote:
Can't seem to get an answer from YT on this..looking for a new headset...anyone know what to buy and what size?

2017 CF Tues (old version)...?

Email the German office. They speak english and most of the questions I asked the SoCal office about my 2015 Capra were referred there anyway. The new kids running the SoCal shop know nothing about older YT bikes. Not their fault - there were hired on new and had no access to older gear. You would think they could give you specs on a 2017 headset, though......

I just built up a TUES MK III from the 'sale' -pretty stoked on it!

Congratulations on the new YT. The new TUES rocks.

Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 12:07 Quote
Vali Holl rides a Prototype TUES 29er:

https://youtu.be/pBxuJvyd8LM

Posted: Nov 17, 2018 at 14:21 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
I'm about 75kg and ride a 200 lbs spring on the vivid which feels good so far. I get a little over 30 sag like this.

Hi.
sorry for my English.
I have a yt cf pro with vivid r2c and spring of 250lb and I feel very hard, 70kg weight .
can you recommend me something.
Thanks...

Posted: Nov 17, 2018 at 17:45 Quote
When will they make more small frame Tues???
Are they usually this low on stock for this long?

Posted: Nov 17, 2018 at 21:37 Quote
pushing-against-the-ocean wrote:
When will they make more small frame Tues???
Are they usually this low on stock for this long?

If they are sold out, no more will be available until beginning of 2019.

Posted: Nov 18, 2018 at 2:57 Quote
ryderjuann wrote:
SleepingAwake wrote:
I'm about 75kg and ride a 200 lbs spring on the vivid which feels good so far. I get a little over 30 sag like this.

Hi.
sorry for my English.
I have a yt cf pro with vivid r2c and spring of 250lb and I feel very hard, 70kg weight .
can you recommend me something.
Thanks...
Are we talking about naked bodyweight or weight in riding gear (including armor and helmet)?

My bodyweight was about ~80kg and at time I switched to 275lb. But this season I was around ~75kg but still liked the 275lbs.

The Tues being so progressive I would look for 25-28% SAG at the damper shaft as that is probably closer to actual 30% of total suspension travel.

I think if your body weight is 70kg, 225lbs would be OK. If you are 70 kg fully kitted probably 200lbs is what you need. But being so light also check how much compression you have on.

Posted: Nov 18, 2018 at 11:24 Quote
Tues rider here. 73-75kg nekkid on a 275lb spring.. perfect.

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 2:10 Quote
72kg naked.

26% sag with 225x3.8 Fox steel coil and Fox VAN RC Performance (CM/RM tune).
It felt on the harsher side compared to Fox Floax X2 with 30% sag (with all 4 tokens and 131 psi pressure).

I ordered a 200x3.8 fox coil to test it. If it still feels harsh, then a lighter midvalve tune might be an option.

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 4:41 Quote
wow guys you are scaring me. I weight 65kg and was considering a tues for next year (currently riding a LP 920 pendbox).

Is it so hard to find a proper spring for the bike ? I was considering the bos syors.

I never had problems with my previous bikes, all with coil shocks

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 10:09 Quote
friends. someone has used fox dhx2 in the yt tues cf pro. tell me the experience

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 12:05 Quote
Goodtrip wrote:
wow guys you are scaring me. I weight 65kg and was considering a tues for next year (currently riding a LP 920 pendbox).

Is it so hard to find a proper spring for the bike ? I was considering the bos syors.

I never had problems with my previous bikes, all with coil shocks

im in the same situation...

does any one knows what spring comes on fox van on the tues al 2019 ?

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 12:17 Quote
serrinha wrote:
does any one knows what spring comes on fox van on the tues al 2019 ?

AFAIK (i think I've met this quoted but somehow I can't find it now):

Size S - 225 lbs
Size M - 250 lbs
Size L - 275 lbs

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 17:13 Quote
Has anyone experimented with bigger than 'standard' DH race tires like Maxxis WT 2.5 or Schwalbe 2.6 on the stock 30MM rims on a (2018 CF Pro)? Are there any rear clearance or general squirming issues on those e13 rims? Thanks

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010406
Mobile Version of Website