YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2019 at 18:04 Quote
luap wrote:
hey guys, I'm having a big problem with my early 2018 yt tues cf pro race (the last old edition released in early 201Cool . Do you know if there is a cut cup in the headset such as probably every other headset, because I removed it months ago and don't remember if there is one or not, or in the perfect case; could someone send/tell me every part of the headset.

PS: it is the same as the old Capra CF.

thank you guys and don't drink too much for this last 2018 evening Smile

No there isn’t. The bearings sit right in the carbon frame. No cups. I know....its weird but I’ve had no issues with it.

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 4:07 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
nateisgrate wrote:
stevecous wrote:

I have recently ordered a 2019 Tues, do they come with tubes?

Yes all they’re bikes are sold with tubes.

But the e13 rim tape that is pre-installed is perfectly good. I think they should include e13 valve stems too, but that's not the case as far as I can tell.

The CF Pro and Pro race from last year came with the e13 valves but I believe the other models did not. About the rim tape, the one wheel was fine however the other I had to dump all the sealant out and apply new tape.

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 9:44 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:
nateisgrate wrote:

Yes all they’re bikes are sold with tubes.

But the e13 rim tape that is pre-installed is perfectly good. I think they should include e13 valve stems too, but that's not the case as far as I can tell.

The CF Pro and Pro race from last year came with the e13 valves but I believe the other models did not. About the rim tape, the one wheel was fine however the other I had to dump all the sealant out and apply new tape.

My 2018 CF PRO TUES (received last month) came with Maxxis tubes, e13 rim tape installed, and no tubeless valves. I had a spare set and the tape was fine.

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
nateisgrate wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:

My 2018 CF PRO TUES (received last month) came with Maxxis tubes, e13 rim tape installed, and no tubeless valves. I had a spare set and the tape was fine.

Oh right the jeffsy came with the E13 tubeless valves, not the tues. Not even sure if the Aquila is tubeless, or at least it isn’t advertised as tubeless. I’m sure it wouldn’t be a problem anyway.

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 11:05 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:
nateisgrate wrote:

Oh right the jeffsy came with the E13 tubeless valves, not the tues. Not even sure if the Aquila is tubeless, or at least it isn’t advertised as tubeless. I’m sure it wouldn’t be a problem anyway.

All tires are tubeless nowadays! The Aquilas are pretty damn good, too, even though I like to see bigger knobs....or maybe the bike is just that good!

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 12:00 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:
nateisgrate wrote:

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 12:01 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:
nateisgrate wrote:

Great, thanks, I'll order some valves.

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 16:04 Quote
stevecous wrote:
nateisgrate wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:

Great, thanks, I'll order some valves.
My 2018 Pro Race Tues came with valves.

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 18:39 Quote
@codeman189 Curious what color valves?

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 18:57 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
They were black. Ethirteen.

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 18:58 Quote
codeman189 wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:
They were black. Ethirteen.
Rim tape was in great shape and they set up tubeless really easily.

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
I recently tried to go through the crash replacement process and it makes me wish I wouldn't have even bought a YT.

I have a 2018 Tues AL that got a dent in the top tube near the head tube from the fork bumper hitting it really hard in a crash. So I go through the whole process of getting them all the pictures and information only to find out that they want $800 just to replace the front triangle. What a joke. I can by a new Commencal V4 frame for the same price or just find a used Tues AL with a good front triangle for around 1500 (for a complete bike). I guess it's a crash so it's my fault and they don't "have" to do anything but it pisses me off that they put this on their website when it's complete B.S. and was one of the reasons I considered buying one in the first place.

bigquotesOUR CRASH REPLACEMENT PROGRAM OFFERS ORIGINAL OWNERS THE LEAST EXPENSIVE METHOD (good one) FOR EXCHANGING A FRAME AFTER AN IMPACT OR ACCIDENT.
The high forces of a serious fall or major impact can adversely affect your frame, causing damage. This can result in compromised functionality or loss of stability. As such, damaged frames may not continue to be used under any circumstances, since this may lead to severe injuries.

However, since the warranty does not apply to accidents, we offer an inexpensive option (yeah right) for obtaining a new YT frame with our crash replacement program. The following offer is valid within three years from the date of purchase. You will receive the same or a comparable frame (without shocks) at the special crash replacement frame price.

/Rant

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 11:12 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
I recently tried to go through the crash replacement process and it makes me wish I wouldn't have even bought a YT.

I have a 2018 Tues AL that got a dent in the top tube near the head tube from the fork bumper hitting it really hard in a crash. So I go through the whole process of getting them all the pictures and information only to find out that they want $800 just to replace the front triangle. What a joke. I can by a new Commencal V4 frame for the same price or just find a used Tues AL with a good front triangle for around 1500 (for a complete bike). I guess it's a crash so it's my fault and they don't "have" to do anything but it pisses me off that they put this on their website when it's complete B.S. and was one of the reasons I considered buying one in the first place.

/Rant

The front triangle is probably the 2nd most expensive part of the bike after the fork. What do you think a reasonable price would be?

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
I don't know like 300. 800 maybe for carbon. I didn't say my argument was rational. But it shouldn't dent so easily from a fork bumper either, so kind of poor design?

But whatever I am over it. Going to just ride that shit and hope for the best.

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
I don't know like 300. 800 maybe for carbon. I didn't say my argument was rational. But it shouldn't dent so easily from a fork bumper either, so kind of poor design?

But whatever I am over it. Going to just ride that shit and hope for the best.

Yeah,that is a bummer and i would be kinda shocked by the price - especially aluminum. I'm glad I never had to find out. My Capra CF went out of warranty last summer, too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013381
Mobile Version of Website