YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 13:10 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:
I don't know like 300. 800 maybe for carbon. I didn't say my argument was rational. But it shouldn't dent so easily from a fork bumper either, so kind of poor design?

But whatever I am over it. Going to just ride that shit and hope for the best.

Yeah,that is a bummer and i would be kinda shocked by the price - especially aluminum. I'm glad I never had to find out. My Capra cf went out of warranty last summer, too.

It doesn't help that on 40s and Boxxer especially the bumpers have been trimmed down in size over the years for what I assume is styling and maybe weight saving? That they offer little protection compared the older style Marzzocchi ones for example. Manitou Dorado ones at least still dissipate more shock over a larger area, to my eyes anyway.

Take a look at most of latest gen forks and this issue is there.

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 0:56 Quote
what you guys think about the Fox Performance elite fork and shock?
Is it good or should be replaced with the factory series?

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 10:08 Quote
davidmcdias wrote:
what you guys think about the Fox Performance elite fork and shock?
Is it good or should be replaced with the factory series?

Depends on how much Kash you want to spend and whether you need a couple of additionall settings.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 4:19 Quote
davidmcdias wrote:
endlessblockades also got a TUES CF PRO in the xmas sale Big Grin Super happy with the price discount.
But they still didnt send me the bike... bought it on the 21st of december. Already got yours?

The 2019 haves better wheelset as the 2018 is the LG and the 2019 is the LG+.
Tires, i prefer the onza ones on our bikes!

can´t wait to try it out Big Grin

Did you receive it yet? I ordered the black magic and chalk white CF PRO (also in the mega sale) on the 28th and it finally arrived mid last week. Stoked with it although I still need to swap over the brake hoses as I can't be doing left hand front braking.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 4:28 Quote
Not yet, its in post office today or tomorrow.
Aparently they dont do home delivery, i have to pick it up from post office.
What you think about your bike so far?

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 4:35 Quote
davidmcdias wrote:
Not yet, its in post office today or tomorrow.
Aparently they dont do home delivery, i have to pick it up from post office.
What you think about your bike so far?

Honestly, love it! Im coming from a 2010 Norco that weighed an absolute tonne, so i'm looking forward to the change in weight, geometry, wheel size, air shock.... just about everything really. Hoping to get out Sunday for a first ride as i'm still only about 2/3rds of the way through applying all the invisiframe (highly recommend) and have to wait for the new brake hose hose olive/s to get delivered too.

Just looking back a few pages in this thread about potential cracking around the pivot points so will definitely be keeping an eye on those in the future... not too worried just yet.

I'll try and get some pics up later this week

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 14:06 Quote
Ok I cant decide what frame size to get. I'm 5'10" (177cm) Looking to buy a 2018 tues cf pro race but dont know what size to get M/L. I can get a really good deal on an size M but scared that it might be to short for me. What do you guys recomend?

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 16:08 Quote
Chr1s98 wrote:
Ok I cant decide what frame size to get. I'm 5'10" (177cm) Looking to buy a 2018 tues cf pro race but dont know what size to get M/L. I can get a really good deal on an size M but scared that it might be to short for me. What do you guys recomend?
I'm 5'9" and run a large 2018 Tues cf pro race. Before that, I was on a medium 2015 Tues cf comp. The medium felt good but the large feels even better! Don't know how much this will help but it's what I've got to offer.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 21:04 Quote
Chr1s98 wrote:

Large, for sure!

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 22:07 Quote
Hy, your FOX 40 came with fit4 damper or Grip damper?
On the CF PRO 2018.

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 1:10 Quote
Chr1s98 wrote:

As others have said, get the Large. I'm the same height as you and went from a Medium old geo bike to the L Tues.... couldn't be happier. Feels like i'm sitting in the bike now instead of perched on top.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 3:59 Quote
photo

My XXL 2019 tues arrived last week, christ this thing is huge! Now I've swapped the hoses over, I can't wait to get out on this this weekend, just need to get my chromag overture seat on it and bin off the SDG.

Also, YT list this bike as matte black/gloss black.. well you tell me if that's black, good thing I like grey.

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 4:59 Quote
josiahs wrote:

My XXL 2019 tues arrived last week, christ this thing is huge! Now I've swapped the hoses over, I can't wait to get out on this this weekend, just need to get my chromag overture seat on it and bin off the SDG.

Also, YT list this bike as matte black/gloss black.. well you tell me if that's black, good thing I like grey.

Looking good Josiah, the matt black magic and chalk white I had was a dusty off white and not how I thought it would look too. Quick question... Did you have any problems swapping over the hoses?

My right hand side one, the cable would not come out for love nor money. Spent about an hour trying to free the olive from the lever assembly. Got there eventually but the cable is well chewed up (fortunately i need to take a good few inches off). It also seems like there is no barb in the end of the hose. Either that or its come out in the housing somehow.

Posted: Jan 23, 2019 at 14:47 Quote
josiahs wrote:
photo

Looks awesome, I ordered the same but small so have to wait until Mar/Apr. looks much darker on the site.

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2019 at 21:06 Quote
davidmcdias wrote:
Hy, your FOX 40 came with fit4 damper or Grip damper?
On the CF PRO 2018.

Its the Fit 4

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015171
Mobile Version of Website