YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Feb 15, 2019 at 10:07 Quote
juanpkumicho wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:
STV3 wrote:

Ill check for you when I go home but I think its probably right around 25%

I bought the shock brand new and never opened it. I'd assume it would come with the same amount of spacers as yours did.

Also I am running basically the stock compression settings that they give you in that book to help you set it up.

You can run the Fox code number found on the shock body sticker on the Fox website - it will tell you the internal tune specs. Fox shocks that come OEM on a TUES have a custom YT tune for the suspension design. You might want to compare.

Do you know what is the difference between the custom tune that the OEM X2 have vs standard tune that comes with a retail factory X2?

I don't have access to my TUES at the moment, but if anyone does, they can post the code here (or I will later).

Here is the site you use to enter your 4 digit product code: https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike

Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 6:02 Quote
davidmcdias wrote:
Guys,

How many spacers are you running on the float X2?

Mine came with 2 spacers and with 30% SAG i bottom out on very small drops. 170 psi.
Going to add another 2 spacers tomorrow.
Any ideas?

I have the new tues since june and the shock lacks any bottom out resistance. I filled mine with the 4 spacers allowed and if I could I would put more. In all tues the tire will rub the seatpost clamp, YT denied it when I talked to them about it, but i found that even in pro riders bikes the paint its striped from the seatclamp. Its a design problem that in mybeyes its unacceptable.

That its probably the sound you hear when you bottom out. I already heard it in your video in ponte de lima.

Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 13:14 Quote
Thanks for the help DMdh!

I also filled mine with 4 spacers because theres no space for more unless i remove the safety from FOX, which is probably a bad idea.

Tested today at bikepark Ponte de Lima again and end up with 28-30% SAG on 170psi but with compression almost completly closed and rebound almost full open... still have to do some testing but so far, not very impressed with the factory tune on this shock.

The noise was from the seat that was too low, mine is XL with 440mm Chainstays, probably don´t hit the seatclamp, at least i didnt notice nothing rubbed there. Which size is your bike?

Think i will put the Factory dials on the shock next week in order to get the HSC and HSR for those big hits... will see.

Posted: Feb 24, 2019 at 8:13 Quote
Has anyone on a Tues switched from an X2 to a coil shock? I've had 2 Tues frames, one with the BOS rear shock and a bigger Tues (2017) now with the X2.

I'm noticing a real lack of mid stroke support on the X2. If anything I would say the old BOS shock offered better support. I'll have a play around with some settings, but just wondered if anyone is aware of a good coil upgrade to consider?

Thank you

Posted: Feb 24, 2019 at 9:25 Quote
jeremyk wrote:
Has anyone on a Tues switched from an X2 to a coil shock? I've had 2 Tues frames, one with the BOS rear shock and a bigger Tues (2017) now with the X2.

I'm noticing a real lack of mid stroke support on the X2. If anything I would say the old BOS shock offered better support. I'll have a play around with some settings, but just wondered if anyone is aware of a good coil upgrade to consider?

Thank you
how many volume spacers do you have in there? I get along better with fewer spacers and more pressure fir this reason.

Posted: Feb 24, 2019 at 12:35 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
jeremyk wrote:

Thank you
how many volume spacers do you have in there? I get along better with fewer spacers and more pressure fir this reason.

I'm not too sure TBH, just whatever it came with. I was thinking of volume spaces as a potential solution, but to get more mid stroke support, wouldn't it make sense to add more spacers?

Is there a good coil shock recommended for the tues? I know Gwinn used one as far as I'm aware, but I don't know if you can just stick any old coil on there?

Posted: Feb 24, 2019 at 14:43 Quote
4th season is on going with this weapon :
2016 XL CF Comp Tues (fox upgraded)
2016 XL CF Pro Tues fox upgraded

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 4:15 Quote
jeremyk wrote:
SleepingAwake wrote:
jeremyk wrote:

Thank you

I'm not too sure TBH, just whatever it came with. I was thinking of volume spaces as a potential solution, but to get more mid stroke support, wouldn't it make sense to add more spacers?

Is there a good coil shock recommended for the tues? I know Gwinn used one as far as I'm aware, but I don't know if you can just stick any old coil on there?

Volume spacers only change the ending stroke. So they do nothing for mid stroke support. This is a massive misconception that people have. By adding too many spacers you make the mid stroke worse by softening it up untill bottom out.

The tues has a really progressive suspension curve anyway so you shouldn’t need many spacers. A coil should be even better than air. But run less spacers and more air

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 14:25 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
jeremyk wrote:
SleepingAwake wrote:

Volume spacers only change the ending stroke. So they do nothing for mid stroke support. This is a massive misconception that people have. By adding too many spacers you make the mid stroke worse by softening it up untill bottom out.

The tues has a really progressive suspension curve anyway so you shouldn’t need many spacers. A coil should be even better than air. But run less spacers and more air

Thanks - that makes sense. In fact I called up TF Tuned earlier today to see what the options are in terms of a coil shock and they said the same thing about the volume spacers. One of the options they gave was the Ohlins TTX Coil which could be an interesting option....

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 8:59 Quote
The x2 is a great shock and if it isn’t feeling like you want it to it’s probably just not set up correctly. Don’t forget some more compression can hold you higher in the travel aswell

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 10:57 Quote
Groscreux wrote:
4th season is on going with this weapon :
2016 XL CF Comp Tues (fox upgraded)
2016 XL CF Pro Tues fox upgraded
What brakes are that?

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 11:24 Quote
Formula Cura (2 pistons) : affordable, powerfull and durable brake --> happy with thoses.

Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 7:30 Quote
davidmcdias wrote:
Thanks for the help DMdh!

I also filled mine with 4 spacers because theres no space for more unless i remove the safety from FOX, which is probably a bad idea.

Tested today at bikepark Ponte de Lima again and end up with 28-30% SAG on 170psi but with compression almost completly closed and rebound almost full open... still have to do some testing but so far, not very impressed with the factory tune on this shock.

The noise was from the seat that was too low, mine is XL with 440mm Chainstays, probably don´t hit the seatclamp, at least i didnt notice nothing rubbed there. Which size is your bike?

Think i will put the Factory dials on the shock next week in order to get the HSC and HSR for those big hits... will see.

Size L, Im aroung 78kg with all gear on, and run 143psi, 4 vol. spacers for 27 -28 mm of sag ~30%.

I instaled the HSC/LSC dials too. Compresion from full closed at the moment is hsc 13 and lsc 22.

Not very impressed with the air shock (I always ran coil rc4s..bos stoy, ccdb, ohlins..) this is my first air shock, and im not happy with it. Probably change it for a coil one and install a coil in the fox40 too.

Cheers!

Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 11:21 Quote
jeremyk wrote:

Thank you

As others have said, do not add spacers but add pressure instead.

I went through the same process, ended running less spacers and more pressure. You will sacrifice a little bit of that super smooth "carpet" feeling in tiny high speed rough, but you will feel the extra support.

LSC also helps but there's a limit of course.

Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 11:23 Quote
Oh and about coil, I don't know about he DHX2, but I had a Kage before and the coil made so much noise, the coil is just so long. I would never go back on this bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015509
Mobile Version of Website