YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 3:58 Quote
Can anyone confirm if the new Tues will/won’t fit in a Thule roof mounted bike carrier?

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 13:50 Quote
hey guys,

notice this today on the main pivot, anyone haves the same 2mm spacing on the drive side??

fully tighten of course...

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 15:09 Quote
davidmcdias wrote:
hey guys,

notice this today on the main pivot, anyone haves the same 2mm spacing on the drive side??

fully tighten of course...

yes, didnt measure it but looks similar to mine, noticed it when it arrived in june and its still the same

Posted: Mar 6, 2019 at 3:49 Quote
Reply from YT:

The gap is perfectly normal. The TUES is designed with a "floating" chainstay on the non-drive side and is tightened by the expanding cone on the drive side. The main advantage is, that the chainstay can be easily assembled without adding stress.

Smile Smile Smile

Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 16:25 Quote
YT TUES CF Pro 29 Big Grin
New YT TUES CF PRO 29 in LONG

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 17:00 Quote
biggels wrote:
YT TUES CF Pro 29 Big Grin
New YT TUES CF PRO 29 in LONG

I'm soooo close to getting the blessing from the CFO (wife) to get one of these. Looking sick! I can't tell if I like the black/white or the red better. I'm leaning towards the red. Is it a matte finish? Do you have any more pictures?

Is your 40 the grip damper?

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 19:50 Quote
I ride 2017 yt tues cf.

I found the rear wheel is making a noise when I grab the seat post and tire and shake them in the other directions.

I checked if the hub has a play, and maybe found nothing.

Reinstalled the wheel and checked axle torque and then shaked the wheel and frame again. same nosie coming up from around axle area.

any advice?

Posted: Apr 3, 2019 at 23:21 Quote
jungjoonc wrote:
I ride 2017 yt tues cf.

I found the rear wheel is making a noise when I grab the seat post and tire and shake them in the other directions.

Reinstalled the wheel and checked axle torque and then shaked the wheel and frame again. same nosie coming up from around axle area.

any advice?

Weird ...
Are you sure it doesn't come from shock bushings ? Loose pivot axle ? Pivot bearings ?

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 5:55 Quote
jungjoonc wrote:
I ride 2017 yt tues cf.

any advice?
Is it a 'popping' sound? If so, I had the same issue. I recovered the cap from the linkage bolts and found that they were a little loose. Tightened them up and noise went away.

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 6:26 Quote
I have a 2018 YT Tues. A few months ago YT tried to ship me a warranty part out of the blue (Didn't even know anything was recalled). I believe it was something to do with the seat or seat post.

Anyhow, they never delivered it because I wasn't home and a few follow up calls to YT were unsuccessful (Tried to leave Voicemails). Does anyone know exactly what part this might be and why it was recalled? I am trying to determine if its worth my energy to track down this replacement part with YT or just give up.

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 7:42 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:
I have a 2018 YT Tues. A few months ago YT tried to ship me a warranty part out of the blue (Didn't even know anything was recalled). I believe it was something to do with the seat or seat post.

Anyhow, they never delivered it because I wasn't home and a few follow up calls to YT were unsuccessful (Tried to leave Voicemails). Does anyone know exactly what part this might be and why it was recalled? I am trying to determine if its worth my energy to track down this replacement part with YT or just give up.
It is the Ibeam saddle clamp. I received the same thing for my 2018 Tues. Apparently there were a few cases in which these clamps were breaking or something like that. I was told that it was not something to be too concerned about but that I should swap out the old clamp with the new one immediately lol.

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
codeman189 wrote:
BryanBobo wrote:

It is the Ibeam saddle clamp. I received the same thing for my 2018 Tues. Apparently there were a few cases in which these clamps were breaking or something like that. I was told that it was not something to be too concerned about but that I should swap out the old clamp with the new one immediately lol.

I got one too. A proactive recall replacement. I had already swapped the post for another model.

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 17:49 Quote
codeman189 wrote:
jungjoonc wrote:
I ride 2017 yt tues cf.

any advice?
Is it a 'popping' sound? If so, I had the same issue. I recovered the cap from the linkage bolts and found that they were a little loose. Tightened them up and noise went away.

It sounds like click click, every linkage bolts are tightend to torque spec and bearings are fine and smooth.

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 21:52 Quote
jungjoonc wrote:
codeman189 wrote:
jungjoonc wrote:
I ride 2017 yt tues cf.

any advice?

It sounds like click click, every linkage bolts are tightend to torque spec and bearings are fine and smooth.
This may be a stupid question but when you tightened the linkage bolts, did you tightened the outside cap or did you take the cap off to reveal the actual bolt inside? Only asking because I tightened and torqued them as well and then realized that the cap on the outside is just that, a cap. The actual linkage bolt is underneath it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015613
Mobile Version of Website