YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 8:33 Quote
New rig finally came in

Hey dudes, just joined the mob with my 2018 CF Pro!

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
drummerboi197 wrote:
New rig finally came in

Hey dudes, just joined the mob with my 2018 CF Pro!
Congrats! Nice bike for sure!

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 7:00 Quote
I recently got a 2015 yt tues cf comp and whenever i pick up the frame with my hand (grabbing the seat) i feel like some bolt is loose on my linkage, i feel a wiggle like a bolt is barely in. ive torqued every bold to spec and something feels loose. I have the stock rockshox vivid although the bottom bushing is not in the center of the eyelet. my headset isnt loose. any ideas

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 8:47 Quote
owendemars wrote:
I recently got a 2015 yt tues cf comp and whenever i pick up the frame with my hand (grabbing the seat) i feel like some bolt is loose on my linkage, i feel a wiggle like a bolt is barely in. ive torqued every bold to spec and something feels loose. I have the stock rockshox vivid although the bottom bushing is not in the center of the eyelet. my headset isnt loose. any ideas

I don't have a clue about the cause of the issue but I thought the 2015s all came stock with Monarchs.

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
owendemars wrote:

I don't have a clue about the cause of the issue but I thought the 2015s all came stock with Monarchs.

Mine came with a vivid, i was hoping someone had the same issue or if this was a common problem

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 9:27 Quote
owendemars wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:
owendemars wrote:

Mine came with a vivid, i was hoping someone had the same issue or if this was a common problem

Never heard of it specifically. Been reading this thread for 4 years. I have a 2015 CF Comp 1 too. Is your rear axle tight? How does the linkage feel with the shock disconnected?

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
owendemars wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:

Never heard of it specifically. Been reading this thread for 4 years. I have a 2015 CF Comp 1 too. Is your rear axle tight? How does the linkage feel with the shock disconnected?

I took apart my whole bike and had a shop change out the frame bearings for new ones a few weeks ago, i greased my axles and im assuming they are tight, i dont know if there is a certain torque spec for them, at least i couldent find one. i havent tried moving the linkage with the wheel out but i will as soon as i get home and let u know.

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 at 17:33 Quote
codeman189 wrote:
jungjoonc wrote:
codeman189 wrote:
Is it a 'popping' sound? If so, I had the same issue. I recovered the cap from the linkage bolts and found that they were a little loose. Tightened them up and noise went away.

It sounds like click click, every linkage bolts are tightend to torque spec and bearings are fine and smooth.
This may be a stupid question but when you tightened the linkage bolts, did you tightened the outside cap or did you take the cap off to reveal the actual bolt inside? Only asking because I tightened and torqued them as well and then realized that the cap on the outside is just that, a cap. The actual linkage bolt is underneath it.

I have opened all bolts and pivot axles and take apart swing arms. And reassembled. I think there's no inside linkage bolt. There are pivot axles and bolts either side of those axles. Even when I see the exploded view of 2017 cf frame, it has no inside bolt.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
I am about to pull the trigger on a new Tues. 6 foot even and I currently have last gen Tues in size large which I am finding to be a bit too small.

Have narrowed down to XL 27 and long 29 but am in a state of analysis paralysis. Whats holding me back is I am worried whether 29 will handle the jumps well.

Anybody can comment on the Tues 29, saw one poster had one already.

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 21:33 Quote
mastakilla wrote:
I am about to pull the trigger on a new Tues. 6 foot even and I currently have last gen Tues in size large which I am finding to be a bit too small.

Have narrowed down to XL 27 and long 29 but am in a state of analysis paralysis. Whats holding me back is I am worried whether 29 will handle the jumps well.

Anybody can comment on the Tues 29, saw one poster had one already.

Thanks!

I’m 6 foot also and went xtra long on a 29’er. The reach is only 6mm longer than on my trail bike and you can always throw a reach adjusting headset in. It also comes with a 50mm stem and spank makes a 25 if you need it.

Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 13:44 Quote
Does anyone know the torque values for the shock bolts on the 2019 YT Tues CF Pro? I can’t seem to locate some of the paperwork that came with the bike.

photo

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 16:23 Quote
It is in there, off the top of my head I think it's 10-12nM.

Edit - just checked the PDF and yeah it's as above

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 19:24 Quote
30mm stem is PERFECT at 6' on the XL 29 Tues. 25mm stem and you can't adjust your fork air volume without removing the bars lol.

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 5:31 Quote
Hey does the al base 27,5 Jeffsy comes with the same spacer in the rear shock as the Capra (that allows it to run 170mm in the back) ?
If yes, does it allows the jeffsy al base 27,5 to run 160mm of travel in the back ?

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 18:19 Quote
Has anyone had issues removing their shock bolt on their tues? Mine loosened up and now it’s just spinning. Won’t back out and can’t even get it to back in. Even if I tap with a mallet, etc. as a reminder the other end is closed so it’s not like I can tap from the other end. A little worried whatever it threads into broke loose.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029955
Mobile Version of Website