Posted: May 3, 2019 at 7:01 Quote
why not post it in an already made yt forum

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 7:30 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
why not post it in an already made yt forum
Thought that's what I did.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 8:47 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:
Has anyone had issues removing their shock bolt on their tues? Mine loosened up and now it’s just spinning. Won’t back out and can’t even get it to back in. Even if I tap with a mallet, etc. as a reminder the other end is closed so it’s not like I can tap from the other end. A little worried whatever it threads into broke loose.

photo

You look like you have the newer YT than I do so this may not apply but the shock bolt looks like this https://www.yt-industries.com/en/products/spare-parts/spare-parts/382/shock-bolt-tues-cf

If you've removed the bolt on the other side thread it back in like 2-3 turns and use it as a surface to tap from the other side with a rubber mallet. it'll budge the captive nut out enough that you can grab it and pull it out. (once you undo the other side again)

If you've not removed the other side then all you should need is a hex on each side as essentially this is just one long captive nut and bolt. If you're just using one hex the captive nut will just spin in the frame.

Posted: May 4, 2019 at 13:23 Quote
Macca400 wrote:
BryanBobo wrote:
Has anyone had issues removing their shock bolt on their tues? Mine loosened up and now it’s just spinning. Won’t back out and can’t even get it to back in. Even if I tap with a mallet, etc. as a reminder the other end is closed so it’s not like I can tap from the other end. A little worried whatever it threads into broke loose.

photo

You look like you have the newer YT than I do so this may not apply but the shock bolt looks like this https://www.yt-industries.com/en/products/spare-parts/spare-parts/382/shock-bolt-tues-cf

If you've removed the bolt on the other side thread it back in like 2-3 turns and use it as a surface to tap from the other side with a rubber mallet. it'll budge the captive nut out enough that you can grab it and pull it out. (once you undo the other side again)

If you've not removed the other side then all you should need is a hex on each side as essentially this is just one long captive nut and bolt. If you're just using one hex the captive nut will just spin in the frame.

Yeah this frame is newer. It doesn’t have a hex on the other side. The bolt threads directly into the frame so it can only be accessed on one side.

O+
Posted: May 4, 2019 at 14:01 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:
Macca400 wrote:
BryanBobo wrote:

photo

Yeah this frame is newer. It doesn’t have a hex on the other side. The bolt threads directly into the frame so it can only be accessed on one side.
that sucks...I would definitely be claiming warranty on that!

O+
Posted: May 4, 2019 at 15:06 Quote
sounds like you stripped it. No issues with mine.

O+
Posted: May 7, 2019 at 10:28 Quote
Azzertom wrote:
Hey does the al base 27,5 Jeffsy comes with the same spacer in the rear shock as the Capra (that allows it to run 170mm in the back) ?
If yes, does it allows the jeffsy al base 27,5 to run 160mm of travel in the back ?

Yep, same thing with the Jeffsy 27, its a 230x60mm stroke on the 150mm bikes and 230x65mm stroke on the 160mm. Depending on the shock it's just a plastic limiter/spacer you can remove or on some (Rock Shox) you have to cut it off the shock shaft whereas some (DVO) you can remove it as it's C-clip style.

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 5:11 Quote
Hi Gents,

Any of you running offset shock bushings on the newer Tues? Any clearance issues (swingarm-frame / BB-ground)?

Thanks

Flavio

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 5:42 Quote
Back to the singlecrown set up !

photo
photo

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
Still look awesome, but.......

....maybe take a meter or so of your cablesEek

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
BTW in the past you had some issues and thinking of changing brand. But in the end everything got resolved with YT?

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 11:00 Quote
How does it climb? Can you pedal it with that coil?

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 11:25 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
How does it climb? Can you pedal it with that coil?

Climb better than my 2017 Kona Process at some points, feels a bit lighter on the uphill. Not that good on technical climb (the kind of climb full of rocks or roots) due to the low Bottom bracket and so pedals easily hit some obstacles.
Somehow I have the 2 position fox lock lever on my DHX2 which make it perfect for climbing.

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 23:05 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
BTW in the past you had some issues and thinking of changing brand. But in the end everything got resolved with YT?

Still riding a cracked frame (the third one). YT doesn't want to change it because my bike is 3 years old from the date of purchase, so no more waranty according to them. Even if my frame was replaced twice, it is apparently not considered as a new part covered by another 2 years waranty. Not so fair, highly disapointed by YT waranty. Btw still chatting with them, trying to claim for hidden deffect wich doesn't care about waranty lenght.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013343
Mobile Version of Website