YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: May 29, 2019 at 5:12 Quote
Groscreux wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:
BTW in the past you had some issues and thinking of changing brand. But in the end everything got resolved with YT?

Still riding a cracked frame (the third one). YT doesn't want to change it because my bike is 3 years old from the date of purchase, so no more waranty according to them. Even if my frame was replaced twice, it is apparently not considered as a new part covered by another 2 years waranty. Not so fair, highly disapointed by YT waranty. Btw still chatting with them, trying to claim for hidden deffect wich doesn't care about waranty lenght.
I'm not fully sure if that is fully inline with EU consumer rights. If a car breaks on your car within warranty limit, you will get a new warranty limit on that part/repair itself (limited by time and mileage). You even get that on a new part when installed as part of a repair outside your warranty period.

Can't you strike a deal as a product tester with them, as your riding obvious is such that it seeks the limits? I mean statically everyone can get a lemon with poor layup, but not three frames in a row.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 0:30 Quote
Groscreux wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:
BTW in the past you had some issues and thinking of changing brand. But in the end everything got resolved with YT?

Still riding a cracked frame (the third one). YT doesn't want to change it because my bike is 3 years old from the date of purchase, so no more waranty according to them. Even if my frame was replaced twice, it is apparently not considered as a new part covered by another 2 years waranty. Not so fair, highly disapointed by YT waranty. Btw still chatting with them, trying to claim for hidden deffect wich doesn't care about waranty lenght.

Standard. I went through 3 and they were a nightmare to deal with, and even when helping they did bare minimum, rather than really trying to help or make it a good experience. I sold mine because after the last failure I didn't feel safe racing it.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 6:22 Quote
heinous wrote:
Groscreux wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:

Standard. I went through 3 and they were a nightmare to deal with, and even when helping they did bare minimum, rather than really trying to help or make it a good experience. I sold mine because after the last failure I didn't feel safe racing it.

Just want to chip in here, as I as well had a cracked TUES frame and YT customer service in Canada was a nightmare to deal with.

Groscreux: on dirait que c'est le même bordel au pays qu'en province avec cette compagnie. Be careful when riding with a cracked frame !

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 0:16 Quote
hi all, i want to replace my YT Tues al 2016 race face chester cranks with some saints. I have an appropriate Hope BB, but my question is how I remove the existing race face cranks? Special tool? Local bikeshop job?

Many thanks in advance

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
howsyourdad wrote:
hi all, i want to replace my YT Tues al 2016 race face chester cranks with some saints. I have an appropriate Hope BB, but my question is how I remove the existing race face cranks? Special tool? Local bikeshop job?

Many thanks in advance

For removing Chester cranks you have to use a classic crank removal tool(i had mine for at least 20 yrs)...Park Tool CWP-7 or similar.
If you don't have it, go to a local bike shop.

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 19:57 Quote
How many volume spaces can you put in a Float X2 off a 2018 Tues CF pro?

Thanks

Never mind, I figured it out

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 3:42 Quote
Hey guys.

I’m looking to replace the crappy e13 PF30 bb on my 2017 YT Tues. will the Descendant cranks and descendant PF30 bb be compatible with my frame?

Thanks!!

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 7:58 Quote
You can put up to 4 volume spacers in the x2. It comes with 2.

By the way, if someone its interested Im selling a 2018 floatx2 with lsc hsc for the tues, and a bos stoy rare for the tues!

cHeers

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 8:47 Quote
Has anyone put a coil shock on their Tues? If so, which shock and how did you like it compared to the Fox float?

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 10:36 Quote
Anyone replace their e13 PF30 bottom bracket yet? Does anyone know if the 83mm Hope PF46 (for 30mm spindle) fits in the 2015-2017 tues?

Thanks!

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
Anyone replace their e13 PF30 bottom bracket yet? Does anyone know if the 83mm Hope PF46 (for 30mm spindle) fits in the 2015-2017 tues?

Thanks!
i replacedit for another e13 BB, so I cant comment on the Hope set but:

I needed these two items to get the cranks and BB out:
https://www.bike-components.de/en/e-thirteen/Crank-Bolt-and-Extractor-as-of-2015-p52778/

https://www.bike-components.de/en/e-thirteen/Lockring-Bottom-Bracket-Tool-p38704/

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 18:48 Quote
DMdh wrote:

By the way, if someone its interested Im selling a 2018 floatx2 with lsc hsc for the tues, and a bos stoy rare for the tues!

cHeers

2019's are higher PSI (300 vs 250) and more spacers I believe.

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 20:29 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:

Thanks!

I'm running the Hope BB(BBPF468330SSN) in my 2016 Tues AL for 2.5 years. Fit and forget kind of part...rain, mud, fine dust, sand and still works like new.

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 22:07 Quote
Frontrange wrote:
DMdh wrote:

cHeers

2019's are higher PSI (300 vs 250) and more spacers I believe.

2019 will hold 5 spacers, not sure how many it came with yet.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 10:39 Quote
DMdh wrote:

cHeers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019046
Mobile Version of Website