YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 9:36 Quote
Managed to somehow get it out eventually, nightmare! Thank you so much everyone for all the help, much appreciated.

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 10:30 Quote
samherd wrote:
Managed to somehow get it out eventually, nightmare! Thank you so much everyone for all the help, much appreciated.
how did you do it? Just in case one of us have the same issue. Thanks.

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 12:47 Quote
I let all the air out the shock and put the top shock bolt back in. Then the bolt started to go back in the frame (it didn't before). I kept tightening it back in and loosening it back out and then it started coming out a little more each time. It took ages but eventually it came out! Needed a lot of lube too. Was a nightmare!

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 12:47 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
samherd wrote:

I let all the air out the shock and put the top shock bolt back in. Then the bolt started to go back in the frame (it didn't before). I kept tightening it back in and loosening it back out and then it started coming out a little more each time. It took ages but eventually it came out! Needed a lot of lube too. Was a nightmare!

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 12:51 Quote
I'm keen to order a spare bolt now incase it happens again but they don't have any on their website here -https://www.yt-industries.com/uk/cat/index/sCategory/89. Does anyone know where you can get one from?

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 13:16 Quote
samherd wrote:
chinaboy wrote:
samherd wrote:

thanks. I think someone earlier posted the bolt just spun freely and there is no way to access the other end. Not sure what became of that one. Glad you got it out though. Hopefully these are rare.

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 16:10 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
samherd wrote:
chinaboy wrote:

thanks. I think someone earlier posted the bolt just spun freely and there is no way to access the other end. Not sure what became of that one. Glad you got it out though. Hopefully these are rare.

This happened to me! Bolt kept spinning and wouldn’t come out. Turns out the frame was shot as the threaded end of the bolt broke loose in the frame. I had to send the entire frame back to YT to have the lower replaced. It was covered under warranty but a bummer to be without a bike. This seems to be a common issue.....

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 16:48 Quote
samherd wrote:
I'm keen to order a spare bolt now incase it happens again but they don't have any on their website here -https://www.yt-industries.com/uk/cat/index/sCategory/89. Does anyone know where you can get one from?

What year Tues? AL or CF frame?

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 23:55 Quote
kwapik wrote:
samherd wrote:

What year Tues? AL or CF frame?
The newer 18/19 model. CF..

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 11:46 Quote
Unfortunately, I can't find the part number. I thought I had written it down, but no luck in finding it.

Here's an exploded diagram of the CF Tues. Maybe with it, YT headquarters can help you get what you need.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3Aee78adaf-4f1c-4eb3-8d6d-fcca30850620

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 5:44 Quote
Guys, as deals appeared for EU - website , I'm on the fence for a TUES CF Pro , but can't decide between 27.5 or 29 inch wheels. Anyone tried both ?

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 14:33 Quote
I have a 2018 YT Tues CF Pro with a Fox Float X2. Pretty much since Day 1 I noticed when the the rear suspension compresses at sudden/high speeds (Think hard breaking bumps or small square edge rocks at high speed) the shock (At least pretty sure its the shock) makes a “knocking” noise. It doesn’t occur in big hits (jumps/drops on smooth landings). I had the shock completely rebuilt, still does it. All the bushings/bearings, etc are tight. Any idea what could be causing this? It’s driving me nuts. I can’t recreate it by compressing by hand or even bouncing around on the bike in the yard. I’m not sure if it could be a suspension setup thing (current the rebound and LS compression are about middle of the road) or just a quirk of the shock?

Anyone have any clues?

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 9:50 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:
I have a 2018 YT Tues CF Pro with a Fox Float X2. Pretty much since Day 1 I noticed when the the rear suspension compresses at sudden/high speeds (Think hard breaking bumps or small square edge rocks at high speed) the shock (At least pretty sure its the shock) makes a “knocking” noise. It doesn’t occur in big hits (jumps/drops on smooth landings). I had the shock completely rebuilt, still does it. All the bushings/bearings, etc are tight. Any idea what could be causing this? It’s driving me nuts. I can’t recreate it by compressing by hand or even bouncing around on the bike in the yard. I’m not sure if it could be a suspension setup thing (current the rebound and LS compression are about middle of the road) or just a quirk of the shock?

Anyone have any clues?

Are you sure it’s not the rear mech? I’ve been getting similar noises, thought it was the shock but it was the rear mech. Common on the Tues apparently. Keeps happening on mine

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 18:32 Quote
jeremyk wrote:
BryanBobo wrote:

Anyone have any clues?

Are you sure it’s not the rear mech? I’ve been getting similar noises, thought it was the shock but it was the rear mech. Common on the Tues apparently. Keeps happening on mine

Very possible, good idea - Maybe I’ll try keeping an ear on that. Were you able to fix it or do you just live with it?

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 20:13 Quote
Try some rubber mastic tape scotch 2228 under the chainstay where the rear mech could hit the chainstay. See if the sound changes or it might go away. Had the same problem and I ended up tightening the b screw a bit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011705
Mobile Version of Website