YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 23:55 Quote
Had the exact same thing on mine, adjusted the b tension screw and applied some mastic tape and now it's silent - drove me mad for some time too!

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 17:18 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:
jeremyk wrote:
BryanBobo wrote:
I have a 2018 YT Tues CF Pro with a Fox Float X2. Pretty much since Day 1 I noticed when the the rear suspension compresses at sudden/high speeds (Think hard breaking bumps or small square edge rocks at high speed) the shock (At least pretty sure its the shock) makes a “knocking” noise. It doesn’t occur in big hits (jumps/drops on smooth landings). I had the shock completely rebuilt, still does it. All the bushings/bearings, etc are tight. Any idea what could be causing this? It’s driving me nuts. I can’t recreate it by compressing by hand or even bouncing around on the bike in the yard. I’m not sure if it could be a suspension setup thing (current the rebound and LS compression are about middle of the road) or just a quirk of the shock?

Anyone have any clues?

Are you sure it’s not the rear mech? I’ve been getting similar noises, thought it was the shock but it was the rear mech. Common on the Tues apparently. Keeps happening on mine

Very possible, good idea - Maybe I’ll try keeping an ear on that. Were you able to fix it or do you just live with it?

It’s on my long to do list. My friend, who is a far far better mechanic than me mentioned something about the pivot in the mech needing to be greased. Also on a previous Tues I had, a shop mechanic applied some sort of extra washer to the mech which he reckoned sorted out the problem for good. I should have taken a photo of that fix but didn’t unfortunately.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 13:20 Quote
josiahs wrote:
Had the exact same thing on mine, adjusted the b tension screw and applied some mastic tape and now it's silent - drove me mad for some time too!

Your lead was helpfull. I had the same clunking noise on hard hit, I check my rear derailleur and indeed, it was hitting the frame. The paint was gone where he'd hit and at a rest he was 1-2 millimeters from the frame. I did the same adjustment, (b-screw with mastic tape) went for a ride and the noise is now gone. Thanks!tup

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 2:07 Quote
Chuck629 wrote:
josiahs wrote:

Your lead was helpfull. I had the same clunking noise on hard hit, I check my rear derailleur and indeed, it was hitting the frame. The paint was gone where he'd hit and at a rest he was 1-2 millimeters from the frame. I did the same adjustment, (b-screw with mastic tape) went for a ride and the noise is now gone. Thanks!tup

That was it! Thank you! I was ready to rip the entire frame apart and start replacing bearings.

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
Here's my 2018 Tues AL. Put an EXT Arma on it last week and oh my is it amazing.

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 13:16 Quote
I was between the ext or the ohlins and went with the Ö this past month. Coming from a float x2 Its really amazing the improvement a coil shock gives in this bike.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 14:07 Quote
Hi guys, I'm thinking about buying YT Tues but I'm not sure if it's worth to pay for the CF version.

One thing is the obvious weight vs toughness game. I somehow have more trust to aluminum, but has anyone ever seen a cracked CF Tues?

Another main difference is in the air vs coil shock (Float X2 vs Van). Do you think it is a big upgrade on performance?

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 19:55 Quote
Does anyone have any suggestions for a Yakima roof rack for my YT? Just got a Tues 27 CF Pro Race. And I’m needing a different roof rack to fit it on to the top of my car. The one I have up there currently is is a forklift.
I’m wanting to keep the front wheel on. So that’s the issue there. Plus finding something that will accommodate the 1278mm wheel base. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 20:50 Quote
Dpvpatty wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions for a Yakima roof rack for my YT? Just got a Tues 27 CF Pro Race. And I’m needing a different roof rack to fit it on to the top of my car. The one I have up there currently is is a forklift.
I’m wanting to keep the front wheel on. So that’s the issue there. Plus finding something that will accommodate the 1278mm wheel base. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Have you considered a hitch rack? Bad things can happen with roof-mounted bikes and also mess with your MPG/aerodynamics. Hitch trough racks can handle any wheelbase and if you try to Buy USA like I do, 1up-usa.com. Just a thought. They aren't cheap and you may have you buy a hitch receiver too. I have a 27.5 TUES as well

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 22:12 Quote
+1 for hitch rack. Sooo much better. I have a class 1 hitch on my car and the kuat transfer 3 and have carried 3 dh bikes on it no problem.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 10:03 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
Dpvpatty wrote:

Have you considered a hitch rack? Bad things can happen with roof-mounted bikes and also mess with your MPG/aerodynamics. Hitch trough racks can handle any wheelbase and if you try to Buy USA like I do, 1up-usa.com. Just a thought. They aren't cheap and you may have you buy a hitch receiver too. I have a 27.5 TUES as well

1Up makes a roof rack too. But I love the hitch rack...

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 14:09 Quote
Just carried my 29er Tues for the first time and found the new Thule PRO Ride 598 doesn't fit as you cannot get the clamps slide through the frame. Had a spare 591 ( previous model) and the one set for the right side of the car worked but at the limit. Thinking to get an Uprite one which locks the front wheel but quite expensive.

Don't try to tell me hitch works better as main downsides are :

- requires a hitch ( at the moment, illegal to have it in Europe
- the racks are quite expensive
- requires a huge sign plate at the back
- bikes pick up a lot of grain from the car back tyres
- always at risk to be busted from the rear.

Just a few to keep me steering away from these carriers.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 15:41 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
Just carried my 29er Tues for the first time and found the new Thule PRO Ride 598 doesn't fit as you cannot get the clamps slide through the frame. Had a spare 591 ( previous model) and the one set for the right side of the car worked but at the limit. Thinking to get an Uprite one which locks the front wheel but quite expensive.

Don't try to tell me hitch works better as main downsides are :

- requires a hitch ( at the moment, illegal to have it in Europe
- the racks are quite expensive
- requires a huge sign plate at the back
- bikes pick up a lot of grain from the car back tyres
- always at risk to be busted from the rear.

Just a few to keep me steering away from these carriers.

There are upsides and downsides to each. Most places hitches are legal and it baffles me that they are illegal in Europe?? Roof racks are equally expensive and require a car to have side rails and rack bars. Just the rack bars are the cost of a bike rack. Not sure what the sign plate argument is, must be a Europe thing again.

The one upside to a roof rack is as you said bikes at the back of a vehicle do get dirtier. I suppose you could argue that they do make your bike prone to cars hitting it but that’s not much of an argument. It can happen but I don’t think it’s quite that common.

The only reason I’d get a roof rack over a hitch rack is to better protect my bike from the elements while traveling. Other than that I feel it a complete pain in the arse loading and unloading bikes. You’re prone to scratching your cars paint and lose trust in others loading their own bikes as they’re a pain to load. Hitch racks are simple and easy and I’m not stuck loading and unloading everyone’s bike for them. There’s another negative to the roof rack over a hitch rack.. typically they only accommodate 2 bikes where many hitch racks accommodate 4 for the same price.

So in my opinion, hitch racks do work better. But of course it’s all about preference (and country you live in?) so I can see your point.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 21:59 Quote
Hitches are legal in Europe. The ball type basically always and you can get even get approved 2" receivers for some US cars ( Jeep, Dodge etc). Although more expensive then the non EU certified ones you could buy in US.
Only some cars with twin or center exhaust don't have an approved hitch option, cars like Nissan 350z or mini cooper S with central exhaust.

In mosquito prone areas I prefer to have them on the back as well. The red-white sign on the back is more for Italy and maybe France? I forgot it often and no issues there. (For the non euros: this is just a 1,5ft by 1,5ft red-white plate of plastic/sheet metal indicating that you have a load protruding/hanging on your vehicle, which you can just attach with a bungee)

And if you are afraid of getting in to collisions, remember you can roll over too. Or more realistic forget your height and crash into a drive-thru roof or parking garage....that happens way more often than getting rear ended.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 9:59 Quote
Curious - what was the reasoning behind hitches being illegal in Europe? It's something I've never heard of before.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011989
Mobile Version of Website