YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 12:42 Quote
How do you tow a trailer in the EU?

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 18:38 Quote
As i said they are legal...

We got standardized dimensions ball type trailer hooks. Thule is a big player in the market. Most modern cars got an option for removable or even electronical fold away versions.

Only the 2" receiver type is very rare. As all types need to have a EU approval by a governing body (TUV in Germany for example), which is expensive. For example an approved 2" reciever for a Wrangler can be in excess of 1000€, so much cheaper to opt for a euro style thule. On import trucks like Rams and F150 you see them the most.

Bikeracks needs to be approved as well.....but actually that doesn't say much:
I had this wobbly thing: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/spinder-fietsendrager-eagle-2-fietsen-grijs/9200000020924961/

Previous model failed a test by consumer organisation. Straps didn't hold the bike.... I confirmed it while leaving a bikepark. Frown . So i got the updated ratchet straps as on this model.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 15:56 Quote
It's not the having a hitch is illegal, just that nowadays the only one approved is removable ones which are a mess to operate.

I had bars on 3 of my cars with racks uptop but indeed they're not the cheapest ( as Grumpo mentioned above, Thule is covering 90% of all racks on the EU market) for sure I'm going to geta sea sucker ad my next one as they've proved in many occasions they stick like glue and crazy speeds and they are super easy to operate.

Its true if you want to go over 3 bikes only option would be a hitch but for my area that's a rare case scenario

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 16:08 Quote
Not sure about rest of the Europe, but in Poland it used to be illegal back in the day (up until 3 years ago I guess) due to the rules regarding number plates. Tthe original one had to be attached to the body of a car and it was illegal to buy a third one; thus, anything that would cover the plate couldn't be used.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 20:27 Quote
Where can I find a YT in the USA?
I need a Tues 29 pro race size M, it's sold out on their website.
Does anyone know where I can get one to buy?

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 20:45 Quote
felipecas wrote:
Where can I find a YT in the USA?
I need a Tues 29 pro race size M, it's sold out on their website.
Does anyone know where I can get one to buy?
Basically, if they're sold out, you're only option is to hope you can find someone selling theirs. I have a pro race for sale but not a 29er. That's what I'm looking for as well ha ha.

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 4:57 Quote
So... did Bienvenido aguado's bike snap the frame or the fork on the rampage....
I've heard both parts of the story, but couldn't see any proof of any of them

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 5:06 Quote
alnavasa wrote:
So... did Bienvenido aguado's bike snap the frame or the fork on the rampage....

To my eye it was the frame. Bikes break sometimes.

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
alnavasa wrote:

Frame for sure. Probably the same bike he used to case the same jump on run 1. He landed the last one perfectly - perfect to rip the head tube off any bike. Not a big deal - just glad he is OK. It was weird how Cam said 'we won't talk about that' during the live feed - why the hell not? Nothing to hide there.

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 11:23 Quote
I saw some screenshots floating around. Frame was fine, the steerer tube on his fork snapped off.

alnavasa wrote:

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 14:11 Quote
STV3 wrote:
I saw some screenshots floating around. Frame was fine, the steerer tube on his fork snapped off.

alnavasa wrote:

For real? That needs to be seen!

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 21:14 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
STV3 wrote:

alnavasa wrote:

For real? That needs to be seen!
sure looks like the frame....

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/17930155/

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 3:25 Quote
Anybody went mullet on the 27.5 Tues yet?

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 13:48 Quote
Curious if anyone tried mullet on the 29'er

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 3:10 Quote
Winter is here. Time to change the bearings on my Tues AL from 2016. All good to get them direct from YT? Better ones out there?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009522
Mobile Version of Website