YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 7:52 Quote
howsyourdad wrote:
Winter is here. Time to change the bearings on my Tues AL from 2016. All good to get them direct from YT? Better ones out there?

I usually go with enduro bearings from real world cycling. They have kits for most bikes and have one for the tues.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 4:33 Quote
+1 for enduro bearings.

I use them in all my bikes and they are far superior to oem bearings. Just get the Enduro Max version, made especially for suspension pivots.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 7:34 Quote
ok thanks anyone got a good soirce in europe?

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 4:07 Quote
howsyourdad wrote:
ok thanks anyone got a good soirce in europe?

wych bearings, bike24, bike-components and so on

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 16:38 Quote
Hi All-
Looking at buying a TUES Carbon 27.5 and stuck on size. I'm 6-0 but long torsoed (30" inseam) so I'm thinking the XL would be good. The reach goes from 452 to 474 so it's a considerable jump. Any thoughts? - Thanks

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 16:45 Quote
andersun16 wrote:
Hi All-
Looking at buying a TUES Carbon 27.5 and stuck on size. I'm 6-0 but long torsoed (30" inseam) so I'm thinking the XL would be good. The reach goes from 452 to 474 so it's a considerable jump. Any thoughts? - Thanks
I’m same size as you. I would go L if you just ride park. An XL if you race.
I have large and love it in the park, but tried racing in masters this year and wish I had an XL.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 7:16 Quote
Hey people,
Has anyone had a problem with the LG1 Cassete Xdrive on the E13 wheel? The bearings in the cartridge are worn, but the cartridge itself is in good condition. This is an integrated version of the LG1 cartridge, so there is no chance to remove bearings from the cartridge.
Is there any chance to replace the cassette with sram but will remain on the e13 hub ?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RMsGaxJmfJKOMuQKjOCEreePM_HAJRRP

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 7:26 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
andersun16 wrote:
Hi All-
I have large and love it in the park, but tried racing in masters this year and wish I had an XL.
With a tall torso I would opt for XL too.

But just curious: with 'riding park' you only mean wide open jumplines? As most DH competition tracks here are just a subset of the available tracks in the park with more off natural flow and features.
And here most parks have just a limited amount of the types of lines, so I actually don't know anyone who only rides the jumplines, but doesn't ride any actual DH tracks. (or visa versa).
Except the people that are still progressing and are not ready for black DH tracks, but most are at least aspiring to ride those.

Because I don't think it matters much if you doing actual timed racing, or just going down by yourself or with buddies to just go fast: in both cases you want to have the best fitting bike for DH-tracks.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 10:29 Quote
andersun16 wrote:
Hi All-

I'm 6'1" XL 27.5 seems spot on for me.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 13:36 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
chinaboy wrote:
andersun16 wrote:
Hi All-
With a tall torso I would opt for XL too.

But just curious: with 'riding park' you only mean wide open jumplines? As most DH competition tracks here are just a subset of the available tracks in the park with more off natural flow and features.
And here most parks have just a limited amount of the types of lines, so I actually don't know anyone who only rides the jumplines, but doesn't ride any actual DH tracks. (or visa versa).
Except the people that are still progressing and are not ready for black DH tracks, but most are at least aspiring to ride those.

Because I don't think it matters much if you doing actual timed racing, or just going down by yourself or with buddies to just go fast: in both cases you want to have the best fitting bike for DH-tracks.

Super well explained Grumpo !

Posted: Dec 21, 2019 at 11:59 Quote
yo guys!
i own a 2017 tues CF
and my bottom bracket gave out after 3 years.
now i dont know if i can just replace the bearings in the ethirteen cups, or do i have to buy new cups with new bearings in them?
tnx for the answers and happy christmas shreds Razz 3

Posted: Dec 21, 2019 at 19:42 Quote
struc wrote:
yo guys!
i own a 2017 tues CF
now i dont know if i can just replace the bearings in the ethirteen cups, or do i have to buy new cups with new bearings in them?

I don’t think you can replace those bearings. I’d replace the BB with a hope “PF46” (83mm) bottom bracket. Cheaper and better plus the bearings can be replaced.

Posted: Dec 23, 2019 at 5:15 Quote
struc wrote:
yo guys!
i own a 2017 tues CF

Just the bearings. Here's a link:

https://www.ethirteen.com/collections/all-bottom-brackets/products/bb-bearing

The bearings are standard size. The side seals, however, seem specific.

The procedure is super easy:
https://service.bythehive.com/Guide/How+to+replace+gen+3+BB+bearings/73?lang=en

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
I apologize in advance, probably the 1000th sizing question asked.

There is a hard to pass up local deal on a size medium 2015 Capra carbon.

I am 5’ 10.75”. From what I’ve read, large would be best. However, it is only about 1” difference in reach and wheelbase. I am more longer legs than torso.

Question is, for the price would it be a decent ride, or should I really hold off for a large and stop lusting over this bike?

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 22:25 Quote
It would be to small for you after a couple of rides and you will get upset it no time due to this fact. People in your size ride a large at minimum or even XL.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.058093
Mobile Version of Website