YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 23:41 Quote
I'm looking at the Tues AL, and thinking about the size as well. I'm 183cm (I guess that's about 6'), but I have a long back and reeeaaally long arms, so I figured XL would be ideal. Thoughts?

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 0:11 Quote
I am 5' 7" and I have a large and wouldn't want it any shorter. I am more focused on riding technical dh and doing races though. I do like to jump and hit flow trails but it is not my main focus. So I like to be on the longer side. Also I dont think I have ever heard anyone complain about getting bike that is too long. . .

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 0:42 Quote
5' 11 and I had a 2016 and rode a large and wouldn't want it any smaller.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 3:31 Quote
Same hight have a 2019 XL feels pretty epic

Lanssi wrote:
I'm looking at the Tues AL, and thinking about the size as well. I'm 183cm (I guess that's about 6'), but I have a long back and reeeaaally long arms, so I figured XL would be ideal. Thoughts?

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 4:44 Quote
Same height as you , have a Tues 29 in Large , which is slightly longer than XL 27 inch Tues. Wouldn't want it smaller either. Has some friends , 175 in height riding it and they liked it so I totally advise to not got smaller than XL on the 27 inch version.

Posted: Jan 31, 2020 at 21:41 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
chinaboy wrote:
andersun16 wrote:
Hi All-
Looking at buying a TUES Carbon 27.5 and stuck on size. I'm 6-0 but long torsoed (30" inseam) so I'm thinking the XL would be good. The reach goes from 452 to 474 so it's a considerable jump. Any thoughts? - Thanks
I’m same size as you. I would go L if you just ride park. An XL if you race.
I have large and love it in the park, but tried racing in masters this year and wish I had an XL.
With a tall torso I would opt for XL too.

But just curious: with 'riding park' you only mean wide open jumplines? As most DH competition tracks here are just a subset of the available tracks in the park with more off natural flow and features.
And here most parks have just a limited amount of the types of lines, so I actually don't know anyone who only rides the jumplines, but doesn't ride any actual DH tracks. (or visa versa).
Except the people that are still progressing and are not ready for black DH tracks, but most are at least aspiring to ride those.

Because I don't think it matters much if you doing actual timed racing, or just going down by yourself or with buddies to just go fast: in both cases you want to have the best fitting bike for DH-tracks.

Well park riding in Canada (whistler) is probably different then anywhere else in the world. In the park typically I’m not going flat out, maybe try and whip a little in the air, hitting small gaps and features, more tight technical trails. The DH courses it’s flat out through rock and root gardens and straightaways where I’m just hanging on and trying to stay centered on the bike,the slightly longer reach etc would be more stable at high speeds. Honestly I would suck regardless which size I ride...just saying the XL is more comfortable at high speed, not saying I would actually be any better or faster. You can’t go wrong with either size really.

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 13:04 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
It would be to small for you after a couple of rides and you will get upset it no time due to this fact. People in your size ride a large at minimum or even XL.

Im 6'1" with 33" inseam and I ride a Large and love it.

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 14:06 Quote
27.5? It all comes to taste but for the vast majority, your riding a small bike for your height.

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 15:48 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
27.5? It all comes to taste but for the vast majority, your riding a small bike for your height.

Not according to YT.

29er -

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 16:13 Quote
asmtb wrote:
bogdanc wrote:

Not according to YT.

29er -

29er makes a big difference though even according to YT. That is why he asked if it was a 27.5. YT sizing chart put's someone at 6'1" on an XL.

An XL Frame 27.5 has a reach of 474mm. In the 29er a Large is 480mm.

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 23:13 Quote
Thanks for adding your answer. Thanks @mixmastamikal, you layed it out perfectly.

Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 7:21 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
asmtb wrote:
bogdanc wrote:

Not according to YT.

29er -

29er makes a big difference though even according to YT. That is why he asked if it was a 27.5. YT sizing chart put's someone at 6'1" on an XL.

An XL Frame 27.5 has a reach of 474mm. In the 29er a Large is 480mm.

I forgot how different they are.... thx

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 12:58 Quote
i posted that in the Capra owners thread as well but maybe here i'll have better luck..it is a general rear shock question.

hi all,
another rear shock suspension question from me.
Rockshox deluxe comes for our frame tuned as : mid -mid.
There are several rear shocks available online but there are especially tuned for other bikes.
So my question is that.If i find a shock with mid-mid tune should i buy it?Even if it says on the title that it is for a specific bike?I mean is there any other hidden option that can be tuned?
My bike : mid-mid
other bike : mid-mid
same dimensions (230*65)
Do i need anything more to check?

thank you in advance

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 13:15 Quote
Hi guys,

I wanted to remove the shock from a Tues CF MK.III for a full Fox service and it was nothing but a pain in the ass! BryanBobo and samherd had this issue also

The problem
To remove the upper bolts it's okay, you can access them from both sides of the frame
The problem is that the bottom bolt in yellow on the diagram is only accessible from one sideRolleyes

And it's almost impossible to remove it, you can't take the bolt out, it turns on itself and the orange part on the picture is moving with the bolt (red part). So, the bolt just spun freely! Madder

The solution (30 to 45min, take your time, don’t damage your frame by angriness)
1. remove upper bolts
2. remove all the air in the shock to reduce tension on the bolts
3. attach the lower triangle firmly
4. add some degreaser on bolt and the shock axle
5. use 2 flat screwdrivers to start moving the bolt out
6. use a pincer to continue to move out the bolt
7. use a bigger pincer to attach it to the bolt with a cable and on the other side of the frame use a lightweight hammer connected to a flat screwdriver to push out the bolt. You might use a bit of force if it’s not moving fast but it will usually move 2-3mm per hit, don’t forget to use some degreaser from time to time to help the process
8. drink a good beer Wink

Pics in order of the procedure:

The cause
A day in YT engineer life

the bolt is really not made for the job even if all YT Tues doesn’t have this issue
If you change the OEM bolt by a custom same size one, it’s much better. The eyelets of the Fox Float can least for 5 years and they were in good shape for my case, no replacement needed (checked after full Fox service)

When do you need to create and build a DH frame you don’t need to care if you’re going to waste 56 grams in order to use proper frame bolts… Nobody looks at those bolts when riding, so there no need to make them small, light and sexy but make them right

Why design bottom bolt shock one side only? Why don’t use the accessibility of the Tues MK.II? There’s not a lot of frames with this design issue but I agree that other frames can have other issues as well ????

I contacted YT customer service and they ask to send the entire frame as it was under warranty ( 2 years):

We are sorry that you didn't succeed in getting the shock off your frame.
If you need our help you will need to send us your frame so would you like that we give your frame the annual inspection and shock servicing by the way?
Thanks to let me know.

Conclusion
Thanks YT for the good frame design and perfect bolts choice! lol
It's best to succeed yourself than have the hassle to send the frame to YT and wait for weeks without riding in the middle of the season. Also transporting the frame for a long distance by post is a risk to receive new scratch's on the frame and so onCop
@Google index this and make people less frustrated when they are in the same situation Dead Horse

Another YT Tues issue - cheap crap headset from Acros AZX-255

The issue with the YT Tues headset and other YT models is that headset is making a little play after a long day in the bikepark. That's because Acros doesn't have good headset for DH/FR bikes, they are not good quality and the fact that even if your headset bolts are correctly tight, it's not normal that you have a little play after one or two days of bike park, that should simply not happen...

Google is full of YT headset issues
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&biw=1696&bih=814&sxsrf=ACYBGNROGr_lMmfELIUNI7kpnw8N0ifNkQ%3A1581851897199&ei=-SRJXujsC8f5sAenvYC4CA&q=acros+headset+yt+tues+issue&oq=acros+headset+yt+tues+issue&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i160.7636.9622..9737...0.2..0.102.1088.12j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0j0i22i30.zPT3YfjdCkE&ved=0ahUKEwioza3D-dXnAhXHPOwKHaceAIcQ4dUDCAo&uact=5

Acros owns a contract with YT and other brands like Commencal to equip the bikes with their cheap headset even if the bike cost 5500€... Business businessRolleyes

Solution

Change the lower cup of the headset by a higher end like CaneCreek for example.
From YT site you can see the dimensions of the headset: https://www.yt-industries.com/media/pdf/TUES-MK3-CF-TECHNICAL_INFORMATION_CUSTOMER_180305.pdf

For the YT Tues, the headset has these specifications:
top: zs 49
bottom: zs 56

The headset that I used was Cane Creek 40 ZS56/40 Headset Lower Cup
https://www.bike-components.de/en/Cane-Creek/40-ZS56-40-Headset-Lower-Cup-p35011/

The little play problem completely disappear and I could ride all season without having a single little play... The difference was just huge between Acros and Cane Creek

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
I looking degree headset jeffsy comp1 2017. Or someting tuning flip chip?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009280
Mobile Version of Website