YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 17:12 Quote
Any Tues 29 reviews in here? Looking to pick one up this summer, I’m 6’4” tall and the XL I got to demo at the end of this last season was pretty eye opening! I’ve already sold the old bike to help fund the new one...

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 17:33 Quote
DHhack wrote:
Any Tues 29 reviews in here? Looking to pick one up this summer, I’m 6’4” tall and the XL I got to demo at the end of this last season was pretty eye opening! I’ve already sold the old bike to help fund the new one...

I’m also 6’4. I have the XXL 27.5 and it’s the first DH bike I’ve owned that didn’t feel like a toddlers bicycle.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 17:52 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:
DHhack wrote:

I’m also 6’4. I have the XXL 27.5 and it’s the first DH bike I’ve owned that didn’t feel like a toddlers bicycle.

Not feeling like a gorilla on a watermelon is nice!!

Any feedback on the bike, reliability and whatnot? My last bike, 2017 Kona Operator, was good aside from needing the main pivot bearings every season or so.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
I'm still trying to sell my 27.5 Tues to get the 29er. I've been looking for some real world reviews on it as well.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 18:58 Quote
This person posted the start of a review on pinkbike, might be worth firing him off a message to find out more.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 23:40 Quote
Have the Large 29er since October (I'm 6 foot tall) . Haven't rode it much due to weather but stunning bike except the rims which are leaking air through spokes. Try to buy previous year model from the outlet if you find one.

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 13:19 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
Have the Large 29er since October (I'm 6 foot tall) . Haven't rode it much due to weather but stunning bike except the rims which are leaking air through spokes. Try to buy previous year model from the outlet if you find one.

Thanks for the tip! I picked up a xxl 27.5 yesterday Smile

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 13:14 Quote
How would you guys compare an old Tues CF Pro (say 2015 on BOS suspension) to the newest 2019/2020 models? Was 5 years of evolution a significant improvement or do old guns still kick asses?

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 14:58 Quote
brooce wrote:
How would you guys compare an old Tues CF Pro (say 2015 on BOS suspension) to the newest 2019/2020 models? Was 5 years of evolution a significant improvement or do old guns still kick asses?

Depends if you like longer or shorter bikes.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 23:36 Quote
brooce wrote:

In my opinion 2015-16-ish Tues are still perfect weapons for bikepark shredding and to do some racing.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 9:56 Quote
brooce wrote:

If Gwin was winning races on it 3 years ago I'd say it's plenty capable for us mere mortals. Like most things in the bike industry the difference between the two are incremental rather than revolutionary.

That said Bos suspension is the best i've ever ridden but it's not so much better that i'd buy it again. Dealing with Bos' infamous customer service, getting services or sourcing parts isn't worth it.

Posted: Mar 10, 2020 at 5:01 Quote
A Little question about horstlink bearing 398v:
I need to remount It but i don't remember the right position.
What is the right side for the extended inner? Inside or outside?

Posted: Mar 13, 2020 at 5:32 Quote
Just picked up a 2019 al base model leftover. I wanted an aluminum DH rig and I'm stoked on the bike for price. Going to drop some coin on suspension. Going avalanche kit for the fork for sure. Curious what shock you guys are running? Anybody running the avalanche woodie on a Tues? It built like a mini moto shock which makes me think i'd be right at home. I'm a moto guy primarily.

Posted: Mar 13, 2020 at 6:41 Quote
Struggleteam wrote:
Just picked up a 2019 al base model leftover. I wanted an aluminum DH rig and I'm stoked on the bike for price. Going to drop some coin on suspension. Going avalanche kit for the fork for sure. Curious what shock you guys are running? Anybody running the avalanche woodie on a Tues? It built like a mini moto shock which makes me think i'd be right at home. I'm a moto guy primarily.

I went directly to a DHX2. Didn't even know that avalanche was still making suspension products. They had an inverted fork that was my dream as a teenager.

Posted: Mar 13, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
Running EXT Arma and it is awesome.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007727
Mobile Version of Website