YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 14:11 Quote
Austin Bounds has been helpful for me both times I’ve dealt with YT. One was for warranty (bent rotor during shipping) and one was for after sales support (lower headset trashed already). Replied within 24 hours with a solution. Better than I got at my local Specialized shop...

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
DHhack wrote:
Austin Bounds has been helpful for me both times I’ve dealt with YT. One was for warranty (bent rotor during shipping) and one was for after sales support (lower headset trashed already). Replied within 24 hours with a solution. Better than I got at my local Specialized shop...

I dealt with a kid named Austin as well. Totally went out of his way to flow the high-quality CS.

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 6:49 Quote
This is my disappointing history with YT Industries.

The facts

YTDecoy Comp
Ordered on 29th June 2020
Delivered on 17th July 2020

Damages
28th July 2020 front wheel bearing damaged at mileage 100 km, Ticket 226813
10th July 2020 since there was no response via the ticketing system I made a request via E-mail
11th July 2020 Christoph responded to tell that there was no wheel bearing available and that I should contact e13. E13 has a great service: the wheel bearing was delivered within one week
29th August 2020 engine plug damaged at mileage 800 km, Ticket 233442
31st August 2020 Michael responded to tell me I should send in the bike; we agreed that I would only send in the engine since it was only about the plug (After my vacation I sent in the engine)
24th September 2020 engine arrived at YT
5th October 2020 status request
6th October 2020 Michael responded that Shimano is sending a new engine
12th October 2020 status request; response on the same day: engine is ready and will be delivered in a few days
14th October 2020 request for shipping date
15th October 2020 Michael responded that he couldn’t give me an exact date; shipping around the end of this or the beginning of the next week
19th October 2020 still no information about the shipment —> next request
21st October 2020 complaint with YT Service, since there is no other contact information —> no response up until the 23rd October 2020

My personal opinion
After the hard facts, I’d like to give my personal point of view and share my feelings regarding my relationship with YT Industries.
First of all I’d like to present myself and my experience regarding biking. I am 53 years old an have been actively riding mountain bikes for 23 years. In the beginning I only had hardballs, but then I switched to fullies. I felt at home in the area of enduro and free-riding and I also started to work on my own bikes. Therefore I’d say I’ve become quite experienced.
In 2016 I had to with to e-bikes because of injury and I also started to like working on e-bikes.
In 2020 it was time to get something new. My first e-bike was a Ghost Hybrid Kato FS and it was no easy choice to find its successor. I made test drives on several bikes and read tons of forum posts. I finally decided on the Decony, although I also read that some people made negative experiences. This didn’t stop me from wanting the Decony since people posting in forums are mostly only those that had problems. Moreover all tests run by bike journals were extremely positive. Well done YT marketing!
So, as you already know from the timetable I have been a proud owner of the Decony since the 17th July 2020. But then my sad little story began. It’s a great bike and I love to ride it, but then there was the first damage (wheel bearing). I complained about it. First I didn’t get an answer, then I was directed to e13 because they would be able to help me faster. This was indeed the case, so thanks to e13. However, I think I would be baffled if I complained about a damage in my Audi and they directed me to Bosch because that would be faster. I purposely didn’t ask for manufacturer’s warranty.

The engine complaint isn’t solved yet, as you know. I will try to keep you updated, but I am already extremely disappointed about the whole thing. I would still recommend the bike, but I would recommend YT Industries. Have a look at their website and how they advertise their service. I don’t think the advertisement is on point, but I am curious what you think about it.

So that’s it for now. You are welcome to share your experiences, I cannot imagine that I am the only one. Remember that this is my personal experience and opinion.

PS: Dear YT team, please work on your service, it would be sad to loose you over such things.

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 4:11 Quote
hey guys, I recently bought a 2019 YT TUES cf frame, XL for my 182cm, maybe a bit too large but I've had a really good deal on it.

I only ride for fun, 60% roots, 40% jump, Does anyone have test the mullet set up ? 27.5 rear, 29 front.

I have a 27.5 frame.
thx !

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 8:39 Quote
What is the shortest stem I can mount on 2019 Tues? Will 30-35mm be still good to ride?

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 10:25 Quote
brooce wrote:
What is the shortest stem I can mount on 2019 Tues? Will 30-35mm be still good to ride?

Yes you can do shorter but the bike is designed for a 50mm stem that way if the bike is the correct size for you, you will be centered properly on the bike. That said it’s personal preference and if you want a 30-35mm stem you can definitely do it and may love it/may hate it but good news is it’s a cheap experiment.

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/spank-spike-25-30mm-direct-mount-dh-stem-matte-black?variant=26480008581&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp8majdSC7QIV0yCtBh3QlAojEAQYAyABEgKP-_D_BwE

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 13:30 Quote
luap wrote:
hey guys, I recently bought a 2019 YT TUES cf frame, XL for my 182cm, maybe a bit too large but I've had a really good deal on it.

I only ride for fun, 60% roots, 40% jump, Does anyone have test the mullet set up ? 27.5 rear, 29 front.

I have a 27.5 frame.
thx !

I'm same height as you and have the large 29er which just a bit longer than the 27.5 XL so I say just ride it a bit more and you'll find the size perfect. I would've tried a mullet on mine but it doesn't work that well on the 29 inch frame as it will lower the bb to much but the other way around I would try it, just that you need new lower for your fork which is not the cheapest thing to do

Posted: Nov 15, 2020 at 1:40 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
luap wrote:

I have a 27.5 frame.
thx !

I'm same height as you and have the large 29er which just a bit longer than the 27.5 XL so I say just ride it a bit more and you'll find the size perfect. I would've tried a mullet on mine but it doesn't work that well on the 29 inch frame as it will lower the bb to much but the other way around I would try it, just that you need new lower for your fork which is not the cheapest thing to do

Yep and I thought I could buy the reverse 1 degree angle set, which is cheap, to correct the head angle change due to the 29 wheel

Posted: Nov 15, 2020 at 4:05 Quote
luap wrote:
bogdanc wrote:
luap wrote:

I have a 27.5 frame.
thx !

Yep and I thought I could buy the reverse 1 degree angle set, which is cheap, to correct the head angle change due to the 29 wheel

Bottom bracket height is going to be a potential issue. Going to be high with 29er and reverse angle set.

Posted: Nov 16, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
Hey guys,
I've just bought a 2013 tues 2.0 after a 5 year break from riding. Has anyone fitted 27.5 wheels on the 26 frames?

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 9:39 Quote
I have a 2016 YT Tues. Anybody know how to remove the main pivot axle.

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 13:54 Quote
hengst101 wrote:
I have a 2016 YT Tues. Anybody know how to remove the main pivot axle.

Should just slide out. You may need to use a mallet and something to drive it out if it’s stuck.

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 14:36 Quote
Yeah, if you look at the exploded diagram it should just slide out.

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 at 15:37 Quote
That's what I thought when I looked at the diagram. I threaded the bolt back in a little bit and gave it a couple hits with a mallet but it didn't budge. Don't know how hard I really want to hit it figured I ask. Maybe try my 8 pound sledge hammer.

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 14:38 Quote
Quick advice needed guys. What is the minimum seatpost length for 2019 Tues (size M) until the tire hits the saddle? I definitely have to cut mine but don't have a shock pump right now to check how low it can go! So if someone could share the measurement of how much can I cut it... I'd be so grateful

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010917
Mobile Version of Website