YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Dec 6, 2020 at 14:09 Quote
Mines a large 29er and I only cut about 1 cm out of it and I'm at the limit, even touched the tyre once. I really suggest to check it by deflating the shock

Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 8:52 Quote
brooce wrote:
Quick advice needed guys. What is the minimum seatpost length for 2019 Tues (size M) until the tire hits the saddle? I definitely have to cut mine but don't have a shock pump right now to check how low it can go! So if someone could share the measurement of how much can I cut it... I'd be so grateful

If anyone's bothering with the same question, I could easily cut 10cm off my seattube after pushing the seat all the way to the front.

The rear shock's not 100% compressed at the photo but it still has a little clearance for mud tyres Wink

photo

photo

Posted: Dec 19, 2020 at 11:46 Quote
I jumped and landed a bit hard. Not a crash but a rough landing. My frame crackrd (yt tues cf pro 2019). It happend in August. I wrote to YT on the 3rd of Auust. They answered in the beginning of September. I sent them the frame and shock for inspection mid September. 2 months later I got a bill for crash replacement (1300€ + two way postage). I refused to pay it as I awready have V10CC. My frame is still there. The guy from YT stopped answering me on the 30th of October. I still wait for them to return me my frame and shock. I will never ever buy YT.

Posted: Dec 21, 2020 at 10:28 Quote
DuckyHoodman wrote:
I jumped and landed a bit hard. Not a crash but a rough landing. My frame crackrd (yt tues cf pro 2019). It happend in August. I wrote to YT on the 3rd of Auust. They answered in the beginning of September. I sent them the frame and shock for inspection mid September. 2 months later I got a bill for crash replacement (1300€ + two way postage). I refused to pay it as I awready have V10CC. My frame is still there. The guy from YT stopped answering me on the 30th of October. I still wait for them to return me my frame and shock. I will never ever buy YT.
Sounds shitty mate! Where did it crack, do you have any photos?

Posted: Dec 23, 2020 at 15:28 Quote
Hey guys, I've got a 2018 Tues cf, new style frame. Does anyone know what size bearing I need for the bottom headset cup? Its the stock Acros headset.

Also if you've swapped out the stock headset for something else what did you fit?

Thanks in advance

Posted: Dec 24, 2020 at 10:37 Quote
spudmaster wrote:
Hey guys, I've got a 2018 Tues cf, new style frame. Does anyone know what size bearing I need for the bottom headset cup? Its the stock Acros headset.

Also if you've swapped out the stock headset for something else what did you fit?

Thanks in advance

Info for my 2019 cf

zs49/28.6 upper headset
zs56/30 conversion lower headset

I bought the Cane Creek 110 lower headset because it had a crown race with integrated seal and better sealing on the bearing itself supposedly. I didn’t even get a season out of the stock acros.

Posted: Dec 24, 2020 at 18:49 Quote
DHhack wrote:
spudmaster wrote:

Thanks in advance

Info for my 2019 cf

zs49/28.6 upper headset

I bought the Cane Creek 110 lower headset because it had a crown race with integrated seal and better sealing on the bearing itself supposedly. I didn’t even get a season out of the stock acros.

Thanks for the info. The crown race on the stock Acros headset that came with my frame has an integrated seal. I was hoping to just change the bearing tbh with the correct size bearing from a bearing supplier but annoyingly the bearing doesn't have a code on it, just says Acros Quality Bearing on the seal. Unless the code is on the other side, I havent removed the bearing from the headset cup yet. Bearings from Acros are very expensive....

Posted: Dec 24, 2020 at 19:24 Quote
spudmaster wrote:
DHhack wrote:
spudmaster wrote:

Thanks in advance

Info for my 2019 cf

zs49/28.6 upper headset

Thanks for the info. The crown race on the stock Acros headset that came with my frame has an integrated seal. I was hoping to just change the bearing tbh with the correct size bearing from a bearing supplier but annoyingly the bearing doesn't have a code on it, just says Acros Quality Bearing on the seal. Unless the code is on the other side, I havent removed the bearing from the headset cup yet. Bearings from Acros are very expensive....

acros ac4052 r1

That’s the numbers on the seal. I didn’t throw out the basement trash yet so I still had the old one lol

Posted: Dec 25, 2020 at 5:38 Quote
DHhack wrote:
spudmaster wrote:
DHhack wrote:

Info for my 2019 cf

zs49/28.6 upper headset

acros ac4052 r1

That’s the numbers on the seal. I didn’t throw out the basement trash yet so I still had the old one lol

Thanks for that.

Merry Christmas everyone

Posted: Dec 25, 2020 at 8:20 Quote
DuckyHoodman wrote:

Found a crack on my Jeffsy 29, under the downtube guard which isn't cracked and returned the frame to YT in Germany. They insisted it was impact damage and refused the warranty claim but also asked permission to cut the frame to check for manufacturing defects at the same time. I told them to return the frame and had it repaired at a cost of around £350, which is a LOT less than the crash replacement front triangle they offered to SELL me, 5 months after I'd bought the bike. Glad I didn't let them cut it and I wouldn't recommend YT after this experience

Posted: Dec 25, 2020 at 8:35 Quote
spudmaster wrote:

Thanks in advance

Fairly sure the Acros headset on my Jeffsy has the bearings bonded or pressed into the cups therefore the whole headset has to be replaced when the bearings pack up, probably the same headset as the Tues

Posted: Dec 25, 2020 at 10:06 Quote
Pothead78 wrote:
spudmaster wrote:

Thanks in advance

Fairly sure the Acros headset on my Jeffsy has the bearings bonded or pressed into the cups therefore the whole headset has to be replaced when the bearings pack up, probably the same headset as the Tues

My Tues bearing came out with some tapping. The cup is fine.

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 10:19 Quote
Hey guys, I’ve got a 2016 Carbon tues. This morning while looking at the bike I noticed some damage on the NDS carbon seat stay. Am I basically SOL or do you think there would be anywhere I could get a replacement rear triangle for a frame that old?

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 at 14:28 Quote
Kblock38 wrote:
Hey guys, I’ve got a 2016 Carbon tues. This morning while looking at the bike I noticed some damage on the NDS carbon seat stay. Am I basically SOL or do you think there would be anywhere I could get a replacement rear triangle for a frame that old?

Send them an email. I doubt it though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014275
Mobile Version of Website