Photo Projects every month... Anyone interested?

PB Forum :: NBR Photos
Photo Projects every month... Anyone interested?
Previous Page |
Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 17:27 Quote
So I've seen that most photo forums have some sort of monthly project, a topic of sorts to shoot, and users post a few of their photo's that relate in some way to the topic. This sounds like fun to me, and since I'm on PB more often than not I thought I'd throw the idea out there to see if anyone is interested in taking part. Did a quick search and came up empty handed so I don't think there is anything like this on PB right now.

The topics could be anything really, from something specific like a certain object (windows, puddles, insert cliche here ect...) or a technique like shooting at night, capturing motion (stop motion or not..), or long exposures. I came across a good one a few nights ago on another photo forum: emotions. Hell, we could even dedicate a month to shooting bums.

We won't pick any topics just quite yet, but when the time does come we'll have a spot to submit them. We'll try to be diverse and change it up drastically every month so sooner or later hopefully everyone will get to shoot their idea. There will be no voting or winners, just sharing (aaww, hugs). If you're interesting then chime in.

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 17:49 Quote
I'd be down for it.

Mod
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 18:07 Quote
Is it like a photo scavenger hunt? Like...this week you have to shoot 5 photos of cory's moms cleavage?
Seriously though...you could even set a particular exposure or aperature that people have to shoot with.

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 18:19 Quote
radek wrote:
Is it like a photo scavenger hunt? Like...this week you have to shoot 5 photos of cory's moms cleavage?
Seriously though...you could even set a particular exposure or aperature that people have to shoot with.

What I think he is suggesting is a photo assignment. You have a 'theme' to shot for. Example: Loved ones. You can take a photo of your family, girl friend, or other people you like. Another example is, self portrait, which is a simple theme which can yield very interesting and awesome results.

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 19:00 Quote
dotca wrote:
radek wrote:

What I think he is suggesting is a photo assignment. You have a 'theme' to shot for. Example: Loved ones. You can take a photo of your family, girl friend, or other people you like. Another example is, self portrait, which is a simple theme which can yield very interesting and awesome results.

Yeah, the ideas are limitless really. I'd really like to see a load of non-bike content, but thats the cool thing: the same topic could and will mean different things to different people. Although I'm sure at some point we'll have to work in a "cleavage month" as well!

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 20:47 Quote
Sounds really rad!

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 20:53 Quote
Count me in, I might post more photos with something like this.

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 21:30 Quote
blackdot wrote:
Count me in, I might post more photos with something like this.

Nice, good to see lots of peeps singing up! You're thinking the same as me, another reason to get out and mess with my camera.

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 21:51 Quote
This is great, lots of interest.

We'll give it a few days for some others to sign up and then I'll pick the first topic. We'll try to have the coming months topic announced a week or so in advance, post as many pics that you take as you want.

Lets hear some ideas for topics? Objects, feelings, anything! I like "abandoned" but lets hear yours.

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 21:56 Quote
Busy, crowded, happy, general feelings, etc.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016181
Mobile Version of Website