Photo Projects every month... Anyone interested?

PB Forum :: NBR Photos
Photo Projects every month... Anyone interested?
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 20:38 Quote
okay, well why doesnt the thread mod get something started here!

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 22:08 Quote
The Sony Alpha forum has the best assignments/contests I have seen anywhere. There are a lot of good ideas there for assignments.
http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/dyxum-contests_forum11.html

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 22:11 Quote
I always used to go to Worth1000.

Mod
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 22:23 Quote
Ok, it's on.

Since I started the thread I'll have a go at picking the topics. No one send me e-mails, lets just post ideas in here.

From here on in this thread will be dedicated to Photo Project Topics. I will pick a topic at least a week before the next month begins and start a new thread that will say, for example: November Photo Project: Mechanical (idea is from another site, sue me). I like the idea of the first topic being something tangible. Next month will be something completely different. Over time I'll try to include most everyones ideas.

Again, do not post pictures in here, only topic ideas.

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 22:31 Quote
let the games begin

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 22:34 Quote
That's the topic for this month?

How about this is the topic/discussion thread, or we can make a separate one for discussion.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2009 at 15:35 Quote
topic ideas: colors (red, green, ect), slow shutter speed (1/10 and under), wide aperature, painting with lights (requires possibly a hand held light sourse, a slow shutter speed, and painting/drawing with the light)

example of painting with light:

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 14:45 Quote
topic ideas:motion blur (use it to give the feeling of speed or movement. if you really want to get tech then have only part of the subject with motion blur to give the feeling of movement and the rest of the subject still for clarity)

example of that: notice how i focused the light on his upper body to freez it and have the light fall off about mid way down the wheel so it has motion blur, giving the effect of drifting and movement on his right foot and the base of the weels

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 16:20 Quote
you are telling me you went into shooting that with that in mind?

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 16:57 Quote
I tried anyway. I would have liked a little more blur on the tires but oh well. For sone reason the helmet blured as well. Not sure how that happened as that's pretty much where the light was pointed

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 17:09 Quote
care to shed some light on your set up, maybe I could help

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 17:14 Quote
Lower the shutter speed to maybe 1/125th or so from 1/200th, and boost the aperature about a half stop/lower flash power. Should get a better result with that..

Total guess though.

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 17:24 Quote
PBPphotog wrote:
Lower the shutter speed to maybe 1/125th or so from 1/200th, and boost the aperature about a half stop/lower flash power. Should get a better result with that..

Total guess though.

good call actually. and the EXIF data is on the flickr page as well as the flash set up

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 17:30 Quote
link to the flickr page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014727
Mobile Version of Website