Photo Projects every month... Anyone interested?

PB Forum :: NBR Photos
Photo Projects every month... Anyone interested?
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 18:00 Quote
Is it just me or would you need to have light fall off to make make this work? and the light looks pretty even threw out the subject so your blur should be close to the same, my suggestion is if you want it to look like they are drifting while having even lighting on the rider then... have the rider drift.

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 20:46 Quote
j-peters wrote:
Is it just me or would you need to have light fall off to make make this work? and the light looks pretty even threw out the subject so your blur should be close to the same, my suggestion is if you want it to look like they are drifting while having even lighting on the rider then... have the rider drift.

he was drifting, but a 1/4000 flash duration wont show that right? the lighting looks the same cause of a little post processing. and it didnt fall off enough so thats why there was only just a little motion blur. i just wanted to show a little motion in the tires not the whole rider.

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 20:49 Quote
Use a snoot to restrict the light?

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 20:56 Quote
good call. anyway, back to challenge ideas....

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 26, 2009 at 15:29 Quote
Ok boys, December is nearly here so we need a new topic. I really like Peter's suggestions of "Stress" so thats what its going to be.

The thread is HERE, at the top of the NBR page. Do not post your Monthly topics in here.

Lets get more people involved, I think we only had 5 different users post for November!

Posted: Nov 26, 2009 at 15:53 Quote
If I can think of something for it, I'll shoot photos.

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 at 20:09 Quote
And the Jan topic Issss?

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 1, 2010 at 20:35 Quote
Januarys topic is "abandoned."

The obvious things come to mind: buildings, cars, ect... how about people? Animals? Feelings? Roads? I'm picturing myself crawling though some old abandoned factory or something. There is not much around here anymore that has been left standing though so I hope I can come up with something good. I came across a photo mag that had some amazing pictures of distilleries in the southern states that had been left to be taken over by the vines, it was quite something.

I know that "stress" topic was hard but keep in mind that the pictures don't have to be amazing (as I proved...). I'd like to get at least one picture that I'm proud of and a bunch that are so-so are fine, more content!

Lets here some more ideas (please post them in the original thread though).

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 at 21:52 Quote
Ideas:
subject color ( subject must have obvious dominate color)(could be fun with flash jels)
time laps(long exposure)
motion blur

Posted: Jan 2, 2010 at 0:26 Quote
I need to stop being lazy and get on this:P

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 at 19:13 Quote
and the next project is???? (hopefully something easier to get more shots of)

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 6:08 Quote
I think Ill take the liberty of creating one! (it being the 7th of Feb already!)

Using session416's idea, I think the subject must be blue. Now get out there and shoot something blue and interesting!

February Photo Project: BLUE

Posted: Mar 1, 2010 at 20:41 Quote
New topic time I suppose.

Only idea I can come up with is luck, it'd be cool to see what people can do for that.
Anyone else have ideas?

Posted: Mar 1, 2010 at 20:53 Quote
ummm transportation. open enough everyone can come up with something but still a lot of room for creativitiy i think.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012918
Mobile Version of Website