Echo is on board 24!

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
Echo is on board 24!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 19, 2009 at 13:22 Quote
Echo just released there series of 24" trials rims!
at last more rim variety!
check them out
http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 10:51 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
ollllld news.
your opinion doesn't matter.
they just went up on tartybikes like 2 days ago.
yes they were on echo's site but they are new to tartybikes

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 13:09 Quote
sticcck wrote:
jason222bike wrote:
ollllld news.
I didn't even give my opinion.

But since you love my opinion so much, then why not?

My opinion on these rims:

I think its silly for deng to make 24" copies of his TGS rims for a completely different market.

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 15:22 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
sticcck wrote:
jason222bike wrote:
ollllld news.
I didn't even give my opinion.

But since you love my opinion so much, then why not?

My opinion on these rims:

I think its silly for deng to make 24" copies of his TGS rims for a completely different market.

well there is more rim variety for 24 now
since they went ahead and made those frames only makes sense they make the rims.
deng probably just sees the market for 24" and wants a bit out of that as well.
the frames look good the rims are cool why not?
i dont know why people are so against 24" trials

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2009 at 4:31 Quote
I like 24", but i'm wary to start using already scarce trials parts.

plus with two bikes of like wheel sizes (26"), I like being able to steal parts from one or another when needed

Posted: Nov 21, 2009 at 17:02 Quote
Deuplonicus wrote:

plus with two bikes of like wheel sizes (26"), I like being able to steal parts from one or another when needed

scarce trials parts?
if u have a 26" bike and a 24" bike all the parts are the same
how often do you switch the rims over?

Posted: Nov 21, 2009 at 17:09 Quote
sticcck wrote:
Deuplonicus wrote:

scarce trials parts?
if u have a 26" bike and a 24" bike all the parts are the same
how often do you switch the rims over?
That's what I was thinking? Since when are trials parts scarce?!? haha.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 5:08 Quote
but again, I need the ability to swap parts, I break my mountain bike all the time, lol.

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 11:53 Quote
Deuplonicus wrote:
but again, I need the ability to swap parts, I break my mountain bike all the time, lol.

lol okay then...
do you even ride trials?

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 11:56 Quote
I am getting an echo born 24" prototype pretty soon, maybe on Friday. Pretty stoked for that.

I believe 24" trials is a branch version of trials, it will always be around, but very few people will ride it and already a very few people ride trials as it is.

Parts will be scarce, especially when echo decides to stop making rims for 24" when they realize 1/500 trials riders are buying them. I should stock up, maybe get 2 rims

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 13:34 Quote
alexzero13 wrote:
I am getting an echo born 24" prototype pretty soon, maybe on Friday. Pretty stoked for that.

I believe 24" trials is a branch version of trials, it will always be around, but very few people will ride it and already a very few people ride trials as it is.

Parts will be scarce, especially when echo decides to stop making rims for 24" when they realize 1/500 trials riders are buying them. I should stock up, maybe get 2 rims
Hm...

Seems like manufacturers think its going to be the future of trials. Deng has plenty of them now...

and it seems like ZHI is jumping on the bandwagon too...I'm excited to see the new frames they're designing.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 15:36 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
alexzero13 wrote:

Hm...

Seems like manufacturers think its going to be the future of trials. Deng has plenty of them now...

and it seems like ZHI is jumping on the bandwagon too...I'm excited to see the new frames they're designing.

funny how 24 is taking off now.
i remember a few years back when BT came out with a 24
rims and everything
that didnt last long

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 15:43 Quote
sticcck wrote:
jason222bike wrote:
alexzero13 wrote:

Hm...

rims and everything
that didnt last long
I'm not so sure that this sudden interest in 24 will last much longer either. I think the next fad might be 24" tgs bikes.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
sticcck wrote:
jason222bike wrote:
alexzero13 wrote:

Hm...

rims and everything
that didnt last long
I think it is going to be hated like fixies by most older trials riders, but at least it won't be hated by everyone like fixies

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011188
Mobile Version of Website