Good all round bike

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Good all round bike
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 18:21 Quote
Hi

What is a good bike that is good all round?

Like good going uphill, downhill and just cruising the streets?

I am looking for a soft tail though

And that it's affordable:P

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 18:22 Quote
Hearing good stuff about giant glory... Any seconders?

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 19:10 Quote
the giant glory isnt a soft tail and it wouldnt be very good for going either uphill or cruising the streets. considering that you cant wheelie, bunnyhop or stop making pointless threads i am shure that your current bike will be just fine for you...

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 19:12 Quote
the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:
the giant glory isnt a soft tail and it wouldnt be very good for going either uphill or cruising the streets. considering that you cant wheelie, bunnyhop or stop making pointless threads i am shure that your current bike will be just fine for you...

What do you ride?

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 19:41 Quote
a good uphill and downhill bike would be like an sx trail maybe

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 19:45 Quote
I would look for something with 5-6 inches of travel and ive dh on my br 5.5 inches of travel , the only problem is it's a little heavy but I have no problems biking up hills , around town, or off jumps. Just set your suspension right and your good to go

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 19:49 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
I would look for something with 5-6 inches of travel and ive dh on my br 5.5 inches of travel , the only problem is it's a little heavy but I have no problems biking up hills , around town, or off jumps. Just set your suspension right and your good to go

Thanks and i like biking and can do decent jumps and get some air but im not into the whole technical talk stuff so could you explain the whole travel thing?

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 20:01 Quote
okay well if you dont even know what travel is then i am pretty shure that you would be fine with a department store bike...

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 20:13 Quote
okay well if you dont even know what travel is then i am pretty shure that you would be fine with a department store bike...

kids picking on kids....

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 20:15 Quote
Tyler2 wrote:

kids picking on kids....

i am not a kid and i certainly wasnt picking on him i was just telling him whats up...

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 20:17 Quote

you seem to be picking on him right here too

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 20:22 Quote
Dude.... travel isn't that common to learn for a begginer that doesn't live in a mtb community.

And i was asking a question i wasn't asking how dumb people like you think i am.Really Mad

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
anyways look at a trek remedy, jamis parker, transition double, santa cruz heckler, giant trance or reign, specialized pitch... they are all good versatile bikes, and some are a decent price too.

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 20:25 Quote
Thank you tyler... finally my question asnwered.

Is there a post/topic explaining travel? aparently im a retard for not knowing what it is so im interested now lol

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009111
Mobile Version of Website