I'm getting a 24" on Friday

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
I'm getting a 24" on Friday
Posted: Nov 27, 2009 at 23:54 Quote
alexzero13 wrote:
I HAVE A RAGING HARD ON

Thank you for that piece of information.

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 7:40 Quote
[Quote="woody-dh"]
alexzero13 wrote:
I HAVE A RAGING HARD ON

Yay new bike (:

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 12:50 Quote
I picked it up but had no time to ride it. Seems a LOT different than a trials specific, but you can feel a mix of the both in it. I might swap the rear elixir to a magura rim brake.

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 13:16 Quote
alexzero13 wrote:
Seems a LOT different than a trials specific, but you can feel a mix of the both in it. I might swap the rear elixir to a magura rim brake.
Yeah, that's why I don't care for them. Good choice on the rear brake too...although I'd imagine a rear disc would be nicer for manuals.

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 19:28 Quote
Looks cool. Nice bike man. IMO, you should roll the bars back a little, though.

Posted: Nov 29, 2009 at 15:52 Quote
jason222bike wrote:
alexzero13 wrote:
Seems a LOT different than a trials specific, but you can feel a mix of the both in it. I might swap the rear elixir to a magura rim brake.
Yeah, that's why I don't care for them. Good choice on the rear brake too...although I'd imagine a rear disc would be nicer for manuals.
You are correct! A disc is MUCH nicer than a rim brake for manuals. But I have my own style of street I've developed and I never do manuals haha

My style is more flatland bmx mixed with trials opposed to street trials. Strange but I have fun doing it. A lot of it is me standing on my rear tire spinning with barspins thrown in on an object that I had to tap onto, but doing it in a street combo where the trick leads to the next trick. A bit hard to explain.

For some reason my rear elixir has no grab, but my front is great, almost as dialed as my old hope mono trials, it might be a bleeding issue so I'll try it out. If not, I can't loose with magura.

Posted: Nov 29, 2009 at 15:54 Quote
inspired wrote:
Looks cool. Nice bike man. IMO, you should roll the bars back a little, though.
I might move the levers slightly upwards and maybe lead the front avid through the stem with my atomlab twister starnut

I'm not doubting you, but why should I move the handlebar back? I'm not sure how a street handlebar should be set up

Posted: Nov 29, 2009 at 16:42 Quote
I have recently bought a norco team trials for a similar riding style. bars rolled forwards improves rear wheel balance and agility and such, while having them lined up with the angle of your fork, or close to, is favorable with the street riders as it is easier for moves initiated from 2 wheels, such as bunnyhops, and manuals. But I have recently read how you dont do mannys, but, just for the record:

Forward:Rear wheel, most TGS riders run their bars like this

In Line with the fork, or slightly backwards:Better for street moves, most street/ street-trials riders run this.

Totally your choice though=)

Posted: Nov 29, 2009 at 16:45 Quote
inspired wrote:
I have recently bought a norco team trials for a similar riding style. bars rolled forwards improves rear wheel balance and agility and such, while having them lined up with the angle of your fork, or close to, is favorable with the street riders as it is easier for moves initiated from 2 wheels, such as bunnyhops, and manuals. But I have recently read how you dont do mannys, but, just for the record:

Forward:Rear wheel, most TGS riders run their bars like this

In Line with the fork, or slightly backwards:Better for street moves, most street/ street-trials riders run this.

Totally your choice though=)
Considering its not really a trials bike and those bars have a crap load of rise, I think it would be best as is...I have my bars rolled forward on my TGS bike and I had them the same as his on my 24".

Posted: Nov 29, 2009 at 16:50 Quote
The difference is noticable though. It feels much better for street with the bars set up rolled back, even though they do have rise. and as you said, its not really a trials bike, so they should feel the most comfortable slightly rolled back. but thats just my opinion though.

A long stem and rolled back bars are a good street trials compromise.

EDIT: Well, your stem isnt that long...but just dont go any shorter.Smile

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 13:49 Quote
I finally took it out for a test ride! I was having rear break problems and I bled it and it is as 100%. The front break needs a bleed too.

Totally different ride and slightly heavier. A lot harder to get on rear but possible with practice and a crap load of balance and muscle. I still can't grasp the 24"s, I've ridding only 20" when I was like 10 and 26" after that.

It just requires time

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 16:02 Quote
alexzero13 wrote:
I finally took it out for a test ride! I was having rear break problems and I bled it and it is as 100%. The front break needs a bleed too.

Totally different ride and slightly heavier. A lot harder to get on rear but possible with practice and a crap load of balance and muscle. I still can't grasp the 24"s, I've ridding only 20" when I was like 10 and 26" after that.

It just requires time

So you don't really enjoy it? Or did I understand it wrong..

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 19:50 Quote
inspired wrote:
alexzero13 wrote:

It just requires time

Razz

Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 15:34 Quote
inspired wrote:
alexzero13 wrote:

It just requires time

haha I do enjoy it, but i'm just saying it will take a lot of time getting used to.

It's like learning to ride a bike, it's no fun falling down but once you learn it, it will be better than sex

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014518
Mobile Version of Website