I'm getting a 24" on Friday

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
I'm getting a 24" on Friday
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 15:55 Quote
alexzero13 wrote:
It's like learning to ride a bike, it's no fun falling down but once you learn it, it will be better than sex

Ahahaa, sounds good.Beer

Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 16:32 Quote
alexzero13 wrote:
it will be better than sex
Speak for yourself. Razz

Posted: Dec 4, 2009 at 18:04 Quote
Update:

I hate avid elixirs, I wish I didn't spend the 100 extra and got Avid BB7s instead.

My rear slips so I changed the pads, so I changed the pads thinking it is contaminated. I tried again, still slips.

I bled and it still slips. I might switch to rear maggies.

Posted: Dec 4, 2009 at 18:09 Quote
Not the fault of brake..you need organic pads and a Goodridge line. Stock lines flex so much its retarded. That's why front feels good but the same rear brake feels like poo. Have the same problem w/ my juicy ultimates.

Posted: Dec 4, 2009 at 22:22 Quote
lafalot wrote:
Not the fault of brake..you need organic pads and a Goodridge line. Stock lines flex so much its retarded. That's why front feels good but the same rear brake feels like poo. Have the same problem w/ my juicy ultimates.
hmm I might do this!

although I am thinking of switching to a hope mono trial, a bit pricey but I've had one in the past, totally worth it

Posted: Dec 4, 2009 at 22:36 Quote
its never going to be as good as a magura, so I'd go easy on the gapping (or you may end up with a sore back!), but the mono trial I've been wanting for sooo long, but I have no money to buy it at retail price and not many people who have them want to sell them lol.

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 20:56 Quote
lafalot wrote:
its never going to be as good as a magura, so I'd go easy on the gapping (or you may end up with a sore back!), but the mono trial I've been wanting for sooo long, but I have no money to buy it at retail price and not many people who have them want to sell them lol.
I regret selling mine on my old bike

I'm thinking hope up front and rear maggy

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
lafalot wrote:

I was also running juicy ultimate's and i got fed up with them as a rear brake, i switched to a bb7. the caliper on the ultimate's time and time again would blow up on me

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 10:47 Quote
sticcck wrote:
lafalot wrote:

I was also running juicy ultimate's and i got fed up with them as a rear brake, i switched to a bb7. the caliper on the ultimate's time and time again would blow up on me
How did you like the BB7 compared to the ultimate? and what do you mean by blowing up? For some reason on my elixirs the thing that pushes out my pads started leaking dot fluid

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 11:58 Quote
alexzero13 wrote:
sticcck wrote:
lafalot wrote:

How did you like the BB7 compared to the ultimate? and what do you mean by blowing up? For some reason on my elixirs the thing that pushes out my pads started leaking dot fluid

Im 95% sure that's what he means by "blowing up"

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 13:32 Quote
inspired wrote:
alexzero13 wrote:
sticcck wrote:

Im 95% sure that's what he means by "blowing up"

lol
yeah on the ultimate the red dial to adjust the pads in
would blow oil out every time.
my bb7 with an 8inch rotar locked up alot nicer then my utlimates did.
had some nice bite to it.

Posted: Feb 14, 2010 at 0:57 Quote
Bump

I'm getting rear pre-04 mags for the rear. The Avid Elixers are just getting ridiculous

Posted: Feb 16, 2010 at 15:14 Quote
alexzero13 wrote:
Bump

I'm getting rear pre-04 mags for the rear. The Avid Elixers are just getting ridiculous

i think if your going to go with rear disk for trials
hope is really the only way to go.

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 at 5:19 Quote
Update:
I put on rear mags, and avid bb7 up front. I 3 my setup now

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 4:46 Quote
I'm thinking of swapping out the fork for an inspired foreplay
http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=11115&category_id=539

What's your guizes opinion? That or Echo urban
http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=11069&category_id=539

The one I currently have on, the previous owner cut the steerer tube too short and I have to always have to loosen the stem, screw in the star nut to clamp it down every hour of riding, then re tighten. Starting to be a pain in the ass.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.070793
Mobile Version of Website