Studded tires ideas

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Studded tires ideas
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 15:16 Quote
Ok so being in canada where we get snow, and like some other parts, i dont really wanna stop riding for that, so any one got good suggestions and studded tires, and how to your self. cause i have one idea, and it involes, self tapping screws, and putting about 98 of them in one tire, and doing two tires, this would cost less than 60 dollar, and new studded tires are like 100 and there only 1.5 to 1.98 max

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 16:53 Quote
kuntsy has studded tires

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 17:12 Quote
i think your on to something!

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 18:10 Quote
devinciwilson wrote:
i think your on to something!

i think its gonna take a long ass time

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 18:10 Quote
will yea kunsty sells them but there 100 bucks a pop, i can do a bugget build with nicer studds

Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 18:12 Quote
ah

you can always buy some off my dad

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 9:40 Quote
I have done it 2 ways: 1st drill them in through the knobs from the inside then put a layer of tape over them inside the tire. 2nd of you have a tire with large knobs like a WTB timberwolf you can put small screws in the knobs from the outside. I find the 1st way works the best.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 13:51 Quote
They already exist.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 13:55 Quote
lucky-7 wrote:
They already exist.
you wanna pay $100 each?

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 14:05 Quote
willy94 wrote:
lucky-7 wrote:
They already exist.
you wanna pay $100 each?
1)They will generally last longer, yes if done right a self studded tire is legit but your average joe isnt nearly as qualified as someone who does it for a living.
2)$100 for a tire isn't overly high, Minions are $80 at the cheapest, $110 at the highest(personally seeing them, not hearsay). Then add in the cost of the studs...
3)A studded tire in snow would last much longer than a normal tire on hardpack, rocks, roots, etc. So extended life is a plus, and offsets the higher cost.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 16:13 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
willy94 wrote:
lucky-7 wrote:
They already exist.
you wanna pay $100 each?
1)They will generally last longer, yes if done right a self studded tire is legit but your average joe isnt nearly as qualified as someone who does it for a living.
2)$100 for a tire isn't overly high, Minions are $80 at the cheapest, $110 at the highest(personally seeing them, not hearsay). Then add in the cost of the studs...
3)A studded tire in snow would last much longer than a normal tire on hardpack, rocks, roots, etc. So extended life is a plus, and offsets the higher cost.

i can make two sets ( 4 wheels) for a 100$ one set equals 54.86$ buying good screws, and ok tires, just a matter of taking the times.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 16:15 Quote
and i dont pay 100$ dollars for tires, http://www.bicyclettesdehull.com/pieces_details_e.php?rangee_rendue=32&page_rendue=5&ordre=DATE_AJOUTEE&direction=&cat=45

thats a link where i buy my stuff, best store, even if you need shipping.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 16:47 Quote
Yea and if you f*ck it up you've ruined a perfectly good tire. And there's a decent chance of ripping out studs, ripping off knobs, etc.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 19:25 Quote
willy94 wrote:
lucky-7 wrote:
They already exist.
you wanna pay $100 each?

If I need them then I dont mind paying for them. My tires are worth 85 each. Well worth the money, they are solid tires and they do a great job. Im not the one to cheap out on parts. If Ill be using it, Id rather spend more and know that the quality is better and will last longer.

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 8:24 Quote
lucky-7 wrote:
willy94 wrote:
lucky-7 wrote:
They already exist.
you wanna pay $100 each?

If I need them then I dont mind paying for them. My tires are worth 85 each. Well worth the money, they are solid tires and they do a great job. Im not the one to cheap out on parts. If Ill be using it, Id rather spend more and know that the quality is better and will last longer.
i got 15 dollar kendas, there working so far rip on the grass a bit, and paved roads not snow shitty handelling

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011935
Mobile Version of Website