Please help what frame should i buy for urban

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Please help what frame should i buy for urban
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 7:28 Quote
i currently ride a 06 p2 aluminum converted to single speed..im looking to start riding more urban and some park. im kinda new to this and idk if my p2 is good for that so iv been looking at the black market riot and banshee amp frame for a project bike for the winter. maybe i should do some mods to the p2 but idk somone please help???sorry if i posted in the wrong place i just signed up

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 7:59 Quote
What wheel size? Because you mentioned the riot I am assuming 26". Some options for you are:
Blk mrkt riot
Blk mrkt mob
NS suburban
NS majesty
Dobermann pinscher
NS traffic
There's more but thats all that immediatly springs to mind.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 8:27 Quote
AtomlabPimp wrote:
What wheel size? Because you mentioned the riot I am assuming 26". Some options for you are:
Blk mrkt riot
Blk mrkt mob
NS suburban
NS majesty
Dobermann pinscher
NS traffic
There's more but thats all that immediatly springs to mind.
Cheapest would be the Traffic. I'd go for that. Heaviest out of the bunch but good enough. My frame weighed in at 5lbs and 13 oz. 3oz shy of 6lbs.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 8:39 Quote
I would ride the P2 and see how you like it first. Even if it sucks it will at least give you a starting point, that way you can shop intelligently and figure out what dimensions and features you're looking for in a bike down the road. Blindly looking at bikes without knowing what you want is the equivalent of pulling names out of a hat.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 8:50 Quote
i was leaning towards the riot because im pretty sure its a shorter frame..my p2 seems long and its hard to do 360's. i just need something light. i do alot of high bunny hops and manualing and from what iv read the riot fits my criteria

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 9:07 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
I would ride the P2 and see how you like it first. Even if it sucks it will at least give you a starting point, that way you can shop intelligently and figure out what dimensions and features you're looking for in a bike down the road. Blindly looking at bikes without knowing what you want is the equivalent of pulling names out of a hat.
iv had the p2 for 2 years now and i ride all the time and i thought i would get used to it but its still kind of hard to throw it around

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 11:23 Quote
bd225 wrote:
i was leaning towards the riot because im pretty sure its a shorter frame..my p2 seems long and its hard to do 360's. i just need something light. i do alot of high bunny hops and manualing and from what iv read the riot fits my criteria
What size is your frame, the Riots come in different sizes. Probably to heavy for 360's right now so the bike is hard to spin. P2.s and 3's are some of the lightest frames out there man. Sub 5 lbs.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 12:10 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
bd225 wrote:
What size is your frame, the Riots come in different sizes. Probably to heavy for 360's right now so the bike is hard to spin. P2.s and 3's are some of the lightest frames out there man. Sub 5 lbs.
i bought it in 06 and it only came in one size and thats long but iv heard other people say that they have medium and smalls..i dont know what thats about

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 13:06 Quote
bd225 wrote:
Rattsl wrote:
bd225 wrote:
i bought it in 06 and it only came in one size and thats long but iv heard other people say that they have medium and smalls..i dont know what thats about
06 was two sizes SHORT AND LONG. I owned the Short model.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 13:49 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
bd225 wrote:
Rattsl wrote:
06 was two sizes SHORT AND LONG. I owned the Short model.
how much of a differnce would it make if i had the short or would it??

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 14:26 Quote
Big difference. Go to my albums and check my old P.2.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
NS makes some sweet frames, check them out here.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 15:24 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
Big difference. Go to my albums and check my old P.2.
do you think it would be worth it to get a p2 in size small...mine just feels awkwardly long for some reason

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 15:25 Quote
No...bad. Very bad.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 15:28 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
No...bad. Very bad.
haha why is that

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012764
Mobile Version of Website