What are the best shoes for riding on flat petals?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What are the best shoes for riding on flat petals?
O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2009 at 18:03 Quote
thanks to everyone u suggested stuff. The 5-10's freeriders look like sweet shoes, so nice i might not wanna get them dirty, but they look like i could clean them easy. Only problem is the a bit pricy but im guessin its more then worth it.

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2009 at 18:05 Quote
motrvatd wrote:
thanks to everyone u suggested stuff. The 5-10's freeriders look like sweet shoes, so nice i might not wanna get them dirty, but they look like i could clean them easy. Only problem is the a bit pricy but im guessin its more then worth it.

Hold on a sec, what kind of riding are you doing with these?

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2009 at 18:13 Quote
I was hoping for a quick response... My reason for asking was that I'd suggest these, if it's nothing too hardcore. For downhill and junk, I'd probably want some legit 5.10 Impacts, but the basics would be fine for dirt jumping, cross country and all mountain. And they don't look goofy.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2009 at 16:35 Quote
corsair711 wrote:
I was hoping for a quick response... My reason for asking was that I'd suggest these, if it's nothing too hardcore. For downhill and junk, I'd probably want some legit 5.10 Impacts, but the basics would be fine for dirt jumping, cross country and all mountain. And they don't look goofy.
yea i ride all mountain, xc, n dj, pretty much what ever i can cause southern ontario doesn't have alot to offer mtb wise.

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 1:30 Quote
[Quote="RideItAll"]Went to Mammoth with my Vans I used for biking, hated myself for being cheap, vans cheap not inn Australia.

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 1:45 Quote
5.10 freeriders for me!

I bike with them, dirtbike with them, dune with them... INSANE ammounts of grip!

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 2:27 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
5.10 freeriders for me!

I bike with them, dirtbike with them, dune with them... INSANE ammounts of grip!

Have you tried the impact too,could you compare.?

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 9:54 Quote
vans vans vans the O.G. bike shoe

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 10:00 Quote
marquis wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:
5.10 freeriders for me!

Marquis, the Impacts are awesome. I ride on the Impacts and the older Rennie High Impacts. Super great shoes with super great grip! Seriously....tup

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 12:07 Quote
ChiliPepper1 wrote:
marquis wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:
5.10 freeriders for me!

Marquis, the Impacts are awesome. I ride on the Impacts and the older Rennie High Impacts. Super great shoes with super great grip! Seriously....tup

I currently run impact II but the stole is a little stiff for my liking,and feels a tad numb on the pedal if you catch my drift,hoping the free ride version has a slightly more flexible sole for better pedal feel.

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 13:03 Quote
marquis wrote:
I currently run impact II but the stole is a little stiff for my liking,and feels a tad numb on the pedal if you catch my drift,hoping the free ride version has a slightly more flexible sole for better pedal feel.
Yeah man, I feel ya. You can always just get the stealth rubber sole and have it applied to another shoe of your likings, but yeah the FR version does feel a bit more relaxed than the Impacts to me anyways. My son rides on the FR version, and they do feel a bit softer as per the sole. I had a friend put the 5.10 stealth rubber sole on a Vans shoe, and he loves them.

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 13:06 Quote
ChiliPepper1 wrote:
marquis wrote:
Yeah man, I feel ya. You can always just get the stealth rubber sole and have it applied to another shoe of your likings, but yeah the FR version does feel a bit more relaxed than the Impacts to me anyways. My son rides on the FR version, and they do feel a bit softer as per the sole. I had a friend put the 5.10 stealth rubber sole on a Vans shoe, and he loves them.

Ah my vans are past redemption.

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 13:40 Quote
I'm fairly new to DH and was using old but good running shoes (Brooks I think) initially. I recently bought a pair of 5/10s and noticed a big difference. For me they were maybe a bit more grippy, but the main difference was the stiffness of the sole. They suck for walking around, but (for me) on the bike they're much better. I feel like I don't have to be nearly as particular with the placement of my foot on the pedal to feel comfortable. I think this is probably because the soles are so stiff. I'm used to riding with stiff soles though because I use Specialized clipless shoes for my trail bike.

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 13:47 Quote
cpnet wrote:
I'm fairly new to DH and was using old but good running shoes (Brooks I think) initially. I recently bought a pair of 5/10s and noticed a big difference. For me they were maybe a bit more grippy, but the main difference was the stiffness of the sole. They suck for walking around, but (for me) on the bike they're much better. I feel like I don't have to be nearly as particular with the placement of my foot on the pedal to feel comfortable. I think this is probably because the soles are so stiff. I'm used to riding with stiff soles though because I use Specialized clipless shoes for my trail bike.

I know with using stealth rubber you can just put your foot on but it feels dead any other time and kinda puts me off,strange yes but i am unuiqe.lol

Posted: Sep 8, 2010 at 13:50 Quote
i can confirm that 5.10's + pedals with metal pins= almost clipless.. if you want a shoe that will offer amazing grip, but still use it as a casual shoe the freerider is for you. if you are a hardcore freerider or downhiller who doesnt move you feet during the run the 5.10 sam hill edition is essentially being clipless

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014125
Mobile Version of Website