Sumas Mountain Trail Conditions and General Maintenance Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Sumas Mountain Trail Conditions and General Maintenance Thread
Posted: Sep 10, 2012 at 9:24 Quote
So for the first time last Saturday I went and rode Time Killer,World Cup and No time Out. Time killer had a sign posted saying under construction but was still ridable. Fun trail. Those rocks laying around the trail are killer though. I came out to an access rd. And headed left and rode World Cup. That trail was nice,fast and flowy. It wasn't long enough. I came out to another access rd and went left for a short ride and went in on No Time Out. I actually got lost and came out on someones property. After talking to the owner and apologizing he told me that I wasn't the first person to come out there that day. The ride back to the parking lot was the shits but I did have the company of a pretty lady police officer. I guess there getting complaints from the local residents about people still parking below the gate and around their properties.

Posted: Sep 26, 2012 at 15:50 Quote
TimeKiller is slated for some work asap.
I am going to be heading up there and fixup some of the bad spots.
The clear cut with those loose rocks makes for some ugly corning .
That and a couple of big tree roots just after the big rockdrop need taking out.
so hang in t there, The love is coming....
mr.g

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 at 15:46 Quote
Chadsey Lake trail downed trees midpoint have all been cleared.
Some of these were big,requiring a lot of work to safely take out.
big thanks to the two K's kerry/Kim and co.
A lot of brushing (opening of the trail )was also done.
Those who have never done this trail ,should have a guide or go with someone who knows the route.
Easy to get lost or hurt.but oh so fun.
g

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 at 16:03 Quote
Skimmed through this thread, but there's a lot to read so I didn't see the info I'm looking for.

Are these trails shuttle only or is it possible to ride up? Meaning I won't suffer and be dead by the time I get to the top. I ride a norco range which is pretty easy to pedal uphill. The most I've riden uphill is about 2 km and I didn't really find it too challenging.

But if anyone does want to shuttle this week, I have the week off work and can ride any day except friday. I drive an F150 which seats 5 (6 if you're small).

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 at 21:37 Quote
Its an easy gravel road pedal.

Posted: Oct 6, 2012 at 8:54 Quote
valleyrider wrote:
Its an easy gravel road pedal.

and yes, it is shuttlable too. Razz

Posted: Feb 10, 2013 at 14:45 Quote
was over on the FVMBA site and it says the gate is closed. Was looking to go riding with some buddies there tomorrow so if someone could confirm that would be great.

Posted: Feb 11, 2013 at 9:06 Quote
If you go to fvmba forum under sumas trails condition .
TimeKiller is in rough shape due to the snow .The big bridge I heard has like four feet of snow on it,and will asap be shoveled off. Things people don't think of like snow load eh?
Personally I would pass on Sumas for a couple of weeks.
Knob snow
HolidaySauce/Squid Kerry and I chainsawed all day sat. and it needs another couple of days with the saw to finish it up.
Seems everywhere high this year got a lot of snow which took down trees laying them over onto the trail.

Tomorrow tues, I am going up with another rider and we will continue working it anyread this in time and want to help.,
g

The gate gets locked at I think 6pm at night opens at 8am lower.
The upper gate at the 3/4 way up stays locked.
There is a lot of snow after 3K mark though.

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 9:47 Quote
Squid line has been all cleared of deadfall.
Thanks to Eric T we put a hard day clearing and it's done for now.
Personally I would wait a couple of weeks before doing Sumas ,due to all the snow.
g

Posted: Mar 11, 2013 at 14:32 Quote
Was up on Sumas Saturday (March 9th). I heard 2 dirt bikes on squidline while riding down Holiday Sauce. On my second lap I surveyed the damage. The dirt bikers had entered from the bottom of the trail and rode it out to the top. They tore up a few sections, straight lined a few sections as well. Just a heads up, you have to walk a few sections especially in the new section, really muddy and torn up in there.

Posted: Mar 11, 2013 at 19:17 Quote
Rode up to Holiday Sauce on Sunday. Some snow on the sides of the road still but the trail is mostly clear other than a couple small patches. The only bad part is the quad trail that links the top 2 sections of HS lots of snow and branches still. Other than one tree down near the top of HS the trails are clear and good to go if you take the Sauces and Peels down.

Posted: Mar 14, 2013 at 8:08 Quote
Dutch and I cleared the rest of NoafFear,then went to WorldCup and Devils throat,and cleared the windfall.
It's too bad on WorldCup some low life had illegallyl cut a big maple for a couple of blocks.
Leaving it hung up across the trail blocking a sweet jump. We cleared everything we could to put back the jump.
Snow is still pretty low on Sumas,so forget about TimeKiller and the Knob for now.
In a while we will go and look over the motorcycle damage on Squid.
g

Posted: Mar 14, 2013 at 18:38 Quote
Is there talk of expanding trails on sumas, i've heard rumors that Legdeview is going to be developed and that we'll be losing allot of trails.
Thxs
Carl

Posted: Mar 14, 2013 at 19:46 Quote
Sumas mtn will continue to be expanded trail wise.
Talk and permission is being sought for another new long winder down the mtn.
Talk of Ledgeview has been ongoing for close to fifteen years ,on the development front.
While the many owners of the private property we love and know as Ledgeview,want development.
The economy and Abbotsford development planning has ground this down to a crawl.
The Trethwey development ,and lower lots like where SOB is will be under the most pressure.
Looking at the S.cliffs, I can't see house's there, so trails like Xcel/AutoBahn and hopefully Ambi,these should be around for years for us to enjoy.
The fvmba through our builders have kept this jewel of a area in top shape with love .
I hope those who love what's been going on re different race series, trail builders being supported directly and countless
builders workshop by fvmba,will remember this.
Your membership in fvmba makes a difference, and shows those of us who work for all riders that it's appreciated.
Keep our area' clean , we are living the dream ,biking in the valley,trails ,,trails,trails and more coming,.
gary

Posted: Jun 19, 2013 at 22:14 Quote
Hit up Knob and Squid the other day, riding freaking beautifully! And thanks to the rebuilt/cleaned up sections on Squid Line closer to the top, it's riding real smooth Beer Can't wait to get up again!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018495
Mobile Version of Website