What makes downhill different from any other type of riding?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What makes downhill different from any other type of riding?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 21:14 Quote
some ideas for my english project and want to see what peoples opinions are.

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 22:02 Quote
It's pretty obvious isn't it? I could probably think of a 4 minute speech off the top of my head.

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 22:16 Quote
woody-dh wrote:
It's pretty obvious isn't it? I could probably think of a 4 minute speech off the top of my head.
shoot it i got time and an eglish prject i need to complete ill even put you on the paper as in where i got it from Wink

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 22:18 Quote
only non bitches ride it

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 22:18 Quote
blkmkrtmobber wrote:
only non bitches ride it
haha dont think i can put that on the paper but nice opinion Wink

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 22:23 Quote
joshinthebox wrote:
woody-dh wrote:
shoot it i got time and an eglish prject i need to complete ill even put you on the paper as in where i got it from Wink

Well, just for general idea.

Talk about the following topics;

THE BIKE: Talk about how the bikes are different to your average dirt jump bike. Suspension, tires, geometry, brakes etc.

THE TRAILS: Talk about what downhill trails invovle compared to an XC trail. The rocks, the roots, step-downs etc.

PROTECTIVE GEAR: About how much armor that you need to wear if you don't want to end up as a quadraplegic on a horse. Full face helmet, shin/knee guards, body armor.

BIBLIOGRAPHY: woody-dh Wink

I can't be bothered typing a 4 minute speech so there's just what I'd talk about.

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 22:23 Quote
downhillers can kill themselves every time they pedal out of the start gate, a heavier bike is actually better in some ways (stability, bombproofness)

im doing a speech on north shore trails and how they have affected australians. awesome thing is the area i live in is called north shore but we have very little wooden structures

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 22:24 Quote
woody-dh wrote:
joshinthebox wrote:
woody-dh wrote:

THE BIKE: Talk about how the bikes are different to your average dirt jump bike. Suspension, tires, geometry, brakes etc.

THE TRAILS: Talk about what downhill trails invovle compared to an XC trail. The rocks, the roots, step-downs etc.

PROTECTIVE GEAR: About how much armor that you need to wear if you don't want to end up as a quadraplegic on a horse. Full face helmet, shin/knee guards, body armor.

I can't be bothered typing a 4 minute speech so there's just what I'd talk about.
k thx alot if you can pls do so and ill even just copy paste it on my paper Big Grin of course with your permission

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 22:25 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
downhillers can kill themselves every time they pedal out of the start gate, a heavier bike is actually better in some ways (stability, bombproofness)

Both statements are correct.

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 22:26 Quote
woody-dh wrote:
norcorulz wrote:

Both statements are correct.
true dat

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 22:26 Quote
joshinthebox wrote:
woody-dh wrote:
joshinthebox wrote:

k thx alot if you can pls do so and ill even just copy paste it on my paper Big Grin of course with your permission

You want me to write a full 4 minute speech? Although I'd love to help a fellow biker out, I have homework that I should be doing right now instead of being on PB.

But nice try. Wink

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 22:38 Quote
Maddox6 wrote:
adredaline!!!
hells yeah!!!

Posted: Nov 29, 2009 at 2:00 Quote
Maddox6 wrote:
adredaline!!!
lol @ your dp lol Razz

but yeah the adrenaline rush is huge, i was shaking after my first time dropping the big roller at warrimoo for those who know the trail

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013233
Mobile Version of Website