Favorite Thing About AM Riding

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Favorite Thing About AM Riding
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 11:54 Quote
What do you like most on your AM rides?

Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 11:55 Quote
getting punctures... falling off...

weaving around dusty single track stuff surrounded by trees...

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 13:21 Quote
Cycling alone in the fog. Spooky!

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 20:02 Quote
climbing up hills on my enduro and smoking fakers on epics and top fuels. Smile

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 20:03 Quote
The decent :Cool :

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 11:14 Quote
The ALPS! O.K. so there's often no riding up but it's ridiculously good fun even on a 5" bike

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 18:21 Quote
mtbrider71 wrote:
The decent :Cool :

Same here Salute

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 18:33 Quote
at about 2-4, theres will be like 1 car every 40 mins on the road, compared to the day where its like 1 every 2 secs, its cool in the sense that you think that everybody else has disapeared and for once, i actually feel free.

and those early morning freshly breazes that come from the ocean make it that little bit more interesting and addictive.

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 18:47 Quote
I like getting dead tired on all day rides

I also like taking my 40lb bike and going faster uphill and downhill faster then the ignorant lycra wearing xc geeks. Not saying everyone who wears lycra is a jerk, but the typical lycra wearer's in my area tend to be snobs.

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 19:18 Quote
"Favorite Thing About AM Riding?"
Everything.
A hard climb and a rewarding decent.
OR fairly flat trails with slick roots and rocks that keep you on your toes and puncture the XC riders superlight weight tubes.

Posted: Dec 12, 2009 at 22:22 Quote
the fact that it is more of a social ride than a serious one, just training down a fire trail doing whips and tables off everything and roosting all the corners, not really trying just having fun on a bike with a few friends

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
Using my bike to go further into wild places than I ever could on foot and even better when a few top friends come along . When I think about it that's why I got into MTB in the first place. In the almost 20 years I have been doing it there have been various names for it like :

"Cross country, XC, Freeride, Dual Sport" and a lot of others names that I can't even remember but I think the latest buzzword "All Mountain" sums up best what MTB is all about.

Like yesterdays ride, stunning scenery, awesome riding and good friends:
"All Mountain"..........great!
photo

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 at 1:26 Quote
thats a sweet spot, i see like 100 lines all over that thing.
most of my AM treks are usually filled with small side lines that are more scary than when i go riding DH, like the big ass roll in, first attempt at a superman seatgrab, 2 wheel slides down a rocky hill at 40k with both feet still on the pedals etc.

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 22:18 Quote
Being able to ride everything(mostly).

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 22:54 Quote
The point where you are just getting to the top of a hill and the cranks start getting easier to spin, then flying down the hill using your brakes only when you need to gain control/fix your line. Taking your body and bike to the limit... That's why I love it.

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.064318
Mobile Version of Website