Favorite Thing About AM Riding

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Favorite Thing About AM Riding
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 22:57 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
The point where you are just getting to the top of a hill and the cranks start getting easier to spin, then flying down the hill using your brakes only when you need to gain control/fix your line. Taking your body and bike to the limit... That's why I love it.

i dont even do that i just go crazy lol. but the top of the hill bit is always awesome

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 22:58 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
The point where you are just getting to the top of a hill and the cranks start getting easier to spin, then flying down the hill using your brakes only when you need to gain control/fix your line. Taking your body and bike to the limit... That's why I love it.

i dont even do that i just go crazy lol. but the top of the hill bit is always awesome

Yea I try to use my brakes as little as possible, but sometimes you get a bit zesty ya know? tup

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 23:02 Quote
haha i love doing that, usually on this one trail i would have used the brake in this super tech section but one day i thought "well, lets see what happens if i charge it" and after a few times where i almost pooped a little i realised i just made it out of the section alive, and i dont use the brake on the whole trail since then, too bad its the only proper AM trail around here

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 23:07 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:

word

Posted: Dec 23, 2009 at 16:35 Quote
well all mountain is all mountain , up & down ,side & side , sigle , open track , etc= AM

Posted: Dec 23, 2009 at 16:54 Quote
i like it when u reach the top of the hill. Then ur looking down on a crazy awsome view and a good descent cuz ur up so high. then u just begin to roll down, too tired to pedal until waking ur body up saying ive made it and beginning ur descent.

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 at 6:24 Quote
Tyler2 wrote:
I like getting dead tired on all day rides

I also like taking my 40lb bike and going faster uphill and downhill faster then the ignorant lycra wearing xc geeks. Not saying everyone who wears lycra is a jerk, but the typical lycra wearer's in my area tend to be snobs.

I can see where your coming from because i have only met one lycra wearing person who was ok this was by luck i fell of on a trail racing them and a bunch of xcrs went past and out of all of them must of been 15 only one stopped the others just rode on as if i was scum .

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 at 7:26 Quote
i like to rip, up or down - it doesn't matter... small natural kickers... rock gardens (both directions)... sliding with both tires... pinning it down on close to vertical walls - and then trying to ride it up... close 180° corners both directions... drops... pumping the trail

as long as it's technical Fab

O+
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 at 12:05 Quote
c-v-tich wrote:
i like to rip, up or down - it doesn't matter... small natural kickers... rock gardens (both directions)... sliding with both tires... pinning it down on close to vertical walls - and then trying to ride it up... close 180° corners both directions... drops... pumping the trail

as long as it's technical Fab

Well said

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 at 2:50 Quote
Oh man, you can't beat the padded ass lycra shorts for long rides.

Under normal shorts Razz

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 at 2:53 Quote
under shorts are ok lycra isnt that bad if its covered up

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 at 10:27 Quote
Cptn-Inafinus wrote:

Under normal shorts Razz

I need to get me a set of them

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 at 15:28 Quote
Cptn-Inafinus wrote:

Under normal shorts Razz

Iv actually tried lycra under a pair of soccer, football shorts, whatever you call it and they actually felt really good.

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 at 17:29 Quote
thats why its best use lycra shorts under baggy shorts plus it stopps any chance of getting chapped legs gue to rubbing shorts

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 at 17:33 Quote
Yea,
I need to pick some up to where under my shorts for longer rides.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015550
Mobile Version of Website