South Africa

• Previous Page
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 9:53 Quote
Ya to t3aser, Donalds Farm is in richwood just past the town, it is by this one pub restaurant. If you drive through the main road in Richwood going towards durbanville, keep on looking to your left and you will see the jumps, and yes they are alot more do able than gumtrails!Wink

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 10:14 Quote
how big are they?
u got any pics?

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 10:20 Quote
no sorry, but I will get some for you soon. Some are huge, and some not as huge, But they got real smooth jumps. Here is a pic of a guy jumping at gumtrails in Durbanville, now those are the hugest and most perfect jumps ive seen in my life!

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.empire.co.za/jpg/news/TobTDown.jpg

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 10:22 Quote
oh and any1 kno of trails in around cape town? other than the usaul gum trails, bel air, papagaai berg and the ones at the robots in Stellenbosch?
i got my own trails in Hout Bay, all welcome as long as you follow the usual simple rules. message me for directions
1.fix what you break.
2.Don't break your neck there
3.If you do the above or anything similar don't sue us
4.Just respect my jumps, i worked hard on them!

peace

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 10:26 Quote
In and around tableview and blouberg there is about three jump spots, been to 2. The one is very sick, and they are renovating on them and making it off the hook. They are getting municiple permission and everything! Its gonna be a jump park

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 10:43 Quote
where bout are they?

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 10:49 Quote
In Tableview, across from the piazza, i will get it on the google map for you

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 11:13 Quote
Dude you should come to majik forest, that's about a kilometer from gum. Mostly xc although pretty good training for dh. Alot of the dh guys train there, like pottie, dean, jaco etc. Nice drop-off's and good overall practice. And best of all it's about 8k's from my house and basically in durbanville itself. Just watch out mostly for runaway bergies and random dudes high on dagga, but also those huge-skidding - lycra-cladded - high-seated - brakebump-generating xc guys and of course dean(just joking, he's like a rhino through those trails!!!)

PS. You don't know Div Devlin?
He's originally from Cape Town but moved to England when he was 12 or something. He became an pro dirt-jumper in england riding for Halo and DMR Bikes. He's about on the same level of jimmy pratt, that's really good. Anyways he moved back to Cape town to visit family and mainly rides at gum. Dude, that guy is maniac. That trickjump after that new pretty berm; he launches it skyhigh. You can see he's pro. Quite a priviledge, he's probably like the best djer in RSA

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 11:23 Quote
This is gumtrails:

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 3:01 Quote
Gumtrails is sick.. And majik forest... How old is div

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 3:21 Quote
hi there just wonderin is gumtrails in cape town?? thanks ryan

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 3:45 Quote
howsit my fellow souf afrikan okesWink great news that greg and peaty are going to be reunited with santacruz steeds!!! anyways.. good luck to him for next year hope he's on form and blows hill away.. back on topic, is there anyone here from the natal area so far u captonians are dominating this place.. cheers

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 4:00 Quote
stabdee661 wrote:
so far u captonians are dominating this place.. cheers
theres a reason for that.

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 4:42 Quote
Yes gumtrails is in cape town, in a suburb called Durbanville, there is some very sick riding there. Come and visit us! lol

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010453
Mobile Version of Website