South Africa

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 4:47 Quote
haha that might be the case i am moving to south africa at the end of our school year. june july ish i think and its either gonna be cape town or george. personally i hope its cape town because i havent heard of that much dirt jumpin in cape town lol id there any other top dirt jump spots there? thanks ryan

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 4:55 Quote
Yea well I personally think that cape town has the most riding out of any place in SA. We have quite a lot of dirt jump spots, including Gumtrails, which I believe is the best DJ spot in SA. One thing we lack is skateparks compared to JHB (Joburg), but we do have a few including a bowl in Rondebosh. We have lots of nice freeride and downhill trails, and there is a huge bike park being built at the moment influenced by the famous whistler in Canada. Visit www.Mountainbike-lifestyle.com to check it outs, its guna be in Cape Town and its guna be killer!!!Big Grin tup

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 5:09 Quote
Oh my greatness! I just saw that new bike park website! All I can say is that I hate you guys in CT!!! Smile Seriously, that place is going to be off the chain. Im going to move to cape town just because of that!

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 7:32 Quote
A bike park would be great but believe it when u see it dude.

Any of you guys ride Paarl? My one mate Karl (He broke his Intense M1 Last month OUCH) has a van that we shuttle in. 15 runs before lunch. I LOOOVE Paarl.

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 7:34 Quote
Yea i am very keen to go to PAARL, it sounds awesome. They should make some ski lifts? how to you get to the top?

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 7:35 Quote
yea i have, but not recently but shuttling there is the best yesWhip
nice for races because anyone can shuttle, and the shuttles are fast!!!

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 7:37 Quote
What do you mean by shuttles?

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 7:40 Quote
Isn't paarl like closed down or something, like you would be arrested if you are there?

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 7:40 Quote
we mean trucks/cars/any vehicle really taking you back to the top of the track

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 7:42 Quote
Can you use your own?

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 7:46 Quote
depends where you go. normally the tracks are in nature reserves and places like that that don't let cars in.but the paarl track uses a public road to go up so you use it as much as you like!

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 7:56 Quote
But dude, it looks like we are starting to lose our tracks. Paarl's closed, zevenwacht closed i think, sir lowry's is disintegrating, the jonkershoek guys don't really wan't the track because by that way you can get illegally into the nature reserve itself and majik forest is sistematically getting smaller; the other day they again put on more electric fencing. That means we only got jonkers and eden left. We should start getting our shovels and building!

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 8:07 Quote
yea, this is all true. but it is hard to find places to build!!!
you need permission, lots of people to work and roads to shttle with.
its hard to get all of these!
but if you get it! i am more than willing to help!

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 8:13 Quote
zevenwacht aint closed, i rode there recently

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 8:30 Quote
Mitch21 wrote:
zevenwacht aint closed, i rode there recently
yea, but isn't the top section like electrified or something. I heard only the xc tracks are still open.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011669
Mobile Version of Website