South Africa

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 4:15 Quote
saffa wrote:
Dirtopia is gonna be kak this year...only 3 days and you must pay R500!! R they joking!

I was also dissapointed when I saw that it was only three days, but if you think, we were only there on the first day for a few hours last year, so we will still get approximately the same riding time. Its still going to be a blast though, I cannot wait! Its on my mind all the timeSmile Smile Smile

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 11:30 Quote
Mitch21 wrote:
saffa wrote:
Dirtopia is gonna be kak this year...only 3 days and you must pay R500!! R they joking!

I was also dissapointed when I saw that it was only three days, but if you think, we were only there on the first day for a few hours last year, so we will still get approximately the same riding time. Its still going to be a blast though, I cannot wait! Its on my mind all the timeSmile Smile Smile
Can we come through the thursday already?

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 11:53 Quote
t3aSeR wrote:
Mitch21 wrote:
saffa wrote:

Can we come through the thursday already?

I dont know for sure, maybe someone should ask Meurant. Because imoff on the Thursday anyway so I wouldnt mind going a day earlyWink

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 6:55 Quote
Dirtopia looks like its going to be great. Check what they have done http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirtopia

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 8:43 Quote
cool a thread for southafricans hands up who went to uci world cup round one in petermaritsberg was it good?

i wish i could have came Frown

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 11:51 Quote
Anyone know at what time the paarl shuttling starts tomorrow? Or if it's even goin on...

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 17:49 Quote
im going back to sa in december! any good trails around pretoria that people are willing to share with metup

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 10:50 Quote
Mitch21 wrote:
In Tableview, across from the piazza, i will get it on the google map for you

ahoys I was wondering, I can do all the jumps at gumtrails and im looking for different jumps. can u tell me where i can find leka big jumps Big Grin ps how big are the jumps in table view?
thnxx [=

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
RevenantTeamRider wrote:
Mitch21 wrote:
In Tableview, across from the piazza, i will get it on the google map for you

ahoys I was wondering, I can do all the jumps at gumtrails and im looking for different jumps. can u tell me where i can find leka big jumps Big Grin ps how big are the jumps in table view?
thnxx [=

Hey man, those jumps are really messed now they have stood still for years...You could try the richwood jumps?

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 5:55 Quote
Hi guys

Since it will be raining this weekend, we will be doing maintenance on one of the DH tracks (Klipdrift). We started last Sunday with repairs and maintenance. When you do ride there, please be careful. Some areas are still soft. Do not open closed off areas! On Thursday we started to enlarge the tabletop in the forest, just after the small drop. We will try to finish the tabletop this Saturday and to start with the corners.
Everyone not away this long weekend, are welcome to come help us. Just bring your own spade, a six pack and some food. Also bring your bike to have fun, if possible. Please park at the bottom of the track, not at the Taalmonument gate. You can contact me(Arno) on 0823602485.
The next few weekends we will be doing maintenance on the other tracks as well. I will post when and where.

On another note...What do you guys think of a shuttle day in Paarl area? Timing can also be arranged. We need to keep the riding/racing scene alive!

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 6:51 Quote
hi guys

are there any places near mcgregor in capetown to ride? might be going back there to visit family at some point and was wondering if taking my bike would be worth it?

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 7:26 Quote
People, make sure you are coming to Urban Assualt 3 & 4 October
course has changed for the better,
ANd the Athertons(Gee & Dan) are riding it !
So make sure you get there!
peace

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 2:57 Quote
Well it seems like the new Urban Assualt course is much shorter...about 500m shorter!
And all that for R180...I dont know, shorter course and more expensive. Anyway goodluck to all who will be riding Smile

Track maintenance. We finished the new tabletop in the forest and will only be ridable this weekend. Pottie tested the tabletop and gave it a thumbs up...thanx Pottie. 8m long and about 2m high...all handbuilt. We still busy with track maintenance, so please be careful when riding Klipdrift DH track. Stop to look at the changes first. And PLEASE DO NOT OPEN closed off areas! We caught riders yesterday, who ignored the closed off areas and destroyed newly repaired jumps etc. If this is the way things are going, we will not do any repairs in the future.
Also be on the lookout for 4x4s, mx and quadbikers! Andries almost rode into a scrambler at full speed while the mx rider came up the DH track!!! If you see any, call the police.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 8:47 Quote
saffa wrote:
Well it seems like the new Urban Assualt course is much shorter...about 500m shorter!
And all that for R180...I dont know, shorter course and more expensive. Anyway goodluck to all who will be riding Smile

Track maintenance. We finished the new tabletop in the forest and will only be ridable this weekend. Pottie tested the tabletop and gave it a thumbs up...thanx Pottie. 8m long and about 2m high...all handbuilt. We still busy with track maintenance, so please be careful when riding Klipdrift DH track. Stop to look at the changes first. And PLEASE DO NOT OPEN closed off areas! We caught riders yesterday, who ignored the closed off areas and destroyed newly repaired jumps etc. If this is the way things are going, we will not do any repairs in the future.
Also be on the lookout for 4x4s, mx and quadbikers! Andries almost rode into a scrambler at full speed while the mx rider came up the DH track!!! If you see any, call the police.

I know those mx bikes etc are a real pain, but aren't mountainbikers allowed to ride there just as much as mx bikes are allowed? Just wondering...

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 3:34 Quote
Mitch21 wrote:
saffa wrote:

I know those mx bikes etc are a real pain, but aren't mountainbikers allowed to ride there just as much as mx bikes are allowed? Just wondering...

You are correct in a way. But do you really think the WP races would have been held on illegal tracks?? We are allowed to build and ride at Taalmonument area, but under strict control. It is so far that I know of, the only place where maintenance takes place regularly without any help from an organisation. We are planning to revise the rules of the area with the council and hopefully place info boards on the tracks. Any ideas gladly welcomed Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015677
Mobile Version of Website