South Africa

Posted: Oct 23, 2009 at 4:06 Quote
If anyone doesn't know already Paarl Race 1 November week.

Paarl DH
Host: Chris Nixon
Network: Global
Date: Sunday, 01 November 2009
Time: 09:00 - 12:00

or check out: http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=paarl&init=quick#/event.php?eid=160061021369&ref=ts

Racing and practice are both on Sunday.

cheers

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 2:04 Quote
STOLEN BIKE!!!!
yo dudes,
I just want to post a message to say that my Black Market 357 was stolen in Pretoria.

it has a white frame. DJ3 fork. Stroker Ryde hydraulic disk on the front. its freakn 4 months old.

if anyone sees one for sale anywhere, please contact me!!!!!!

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 21:33 Quote
Hey I'm selling my Mongoose Thunderball frame for cheap cheap.
It's the black one with the Maori markings. It's still in great shape (except for the epected scratches and so on)

Size: Small
Includes: Headset, Seatclamp, Derailleur hanger

Price: R800 neg.

PM me for more details

Here's the ad on gumtree:
http://capetown.gumtree.co.za/c-Stuff-for-Sale-sports-bicycles-fitness-Mongoose-Thunderball-Jirt-Jumper-Frame-W0QQAdIdZ173188379

Posted: Aug 16, 2010 at 3:54 Quote
Thought i would bump this back up as i am returning back to SA after too long in the UK and was wondering how the SA bike scene is these days?

Posted: Aug 16, 2010 at 3:58 Quote
its big very big! especially round the capetown area!

Posted: Aug 16, 2010 at 7:08 Quote
Just back from SA, really wish i had the bike with me, such an amazing place. Sucks to be home.

Posted: Aug 20, 2010 at 0:39 Quote
What tyres are guys riding out there for Aggresive XC/Freeride?? Are there any good shops out there as i think i am going to miss the availability of parts and "cheap" componants that are in the UK.

But not the shitty Weather.

Posted: Aug 20, 2010 at 0:46 Quote
most peple run maxxis minion or high rollers, parts are avalaible but well expensive, last time i was there it was round R700 for a tyre for instance, so get enough spares to take with, and get some spare mech hangers,

Posted: Aug 20, 2010 at 1:39 Quote
iLoVeBiKeS420 wrote:
white man

WTF???

Posted: Oct 8, 2013 at 22:06 Quote
South Africa! Let's breathe some life back into this thread. I just moved to limpopo for the next two years from washington state and want to know what the riding scene is here? I tried to get down to pietermaritzburg for the WC but sadly wasn't able to. Where do most of the riders live and ride in this country? I wasn't able to bring my bikes with me and want to ride at least once while I'm lucky enough to be here. Any suggestions from you all?

Posted: Nov 5, 2013 at 11:11 Quote
Never Ridden in Limpopo, KZN has pretty much everything. only a few developed trail centers, so the best is to just explore and talk to locals. The Cape is probably where its all happening though.

If you into street, all our cities offer some pretty unique stuff, Durban gives some great urban enduro, SO MUCH LOVE for the streets of this cityBig Grin .

Posted: Nov 5, 2013 at 11:31 Quote
DeFconOK wrote:
Never Ridden in Limpopo, KZN has pretty much everything. only a few developed trail centers, so the best is to just explore and talk to locals. The Cape is probably where its all happening though.

If you into street, all our cities offer some pretty unique stuff, Durban gives some great urban enduro, SO MUCH LOVE for the streets of this cityBig Grin .

Ja bru, the streets are awesome fun
http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/pretoria-cyclists-under-siege-1.1596204#.UnlHfZRVR9B

Posted: Nov 5, 2013 at 23:39 Quote
Other side of the country bro, I've had rocks throw at me tho, lil bastards.

But what ya gonna do, for the most part Durban is awsum riding.

Posted: Jan 20, 2014 at 3:43 Quote
I will be traveling around Cape Town during the next month.

How is the MTB situation around there? I'd love to rent a bike and perhaps also a guide to see some local trails for a few days. I usually ride DH/AM type stuff here in Switzerland but I'm open to pretty much anything as long as it's fun. Any recommendations for companies/rental places? Self-exploration probably isn't an option as we won't rent a car during our stay in CT itself.

Thanks!

Oh and also: We will be doing the Garden Route as well, and I was wondering if it's possible to do some parts with a rented road bike? I'm an avid roadie during the winter and I'd love to do some of the coastline by road bike!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012948
Mobile Version of Website