Official Hiphop/Rap Thread. (No lil wayne)

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Official Hiphop/Rap Thread. (No lil wayne)
Posted: Oct 23, 2016 at 20:46 Quote
MaxDeutsch wrote:
bluntosaurusrex wrote:
MaxDeutsch wrote:

why do people always talk about hiphop like its dead or it needs someone to save it. There are tons of good artists that are rapping over new shit and not the same 40 year old dusty ass beats. Nothing against old school, I definitely enjoy oldschool rap a lot but people need to embrace change and be open to all the fresh new artists on the scene not just those who make the same rap dudes were making in the 80 and 90s

I'm not saying there are not good rappers out there doing new shit but go watch xxl freshmen 2016 cypher and tell me that other than Denzel curry and little dicky that they were deserving?

f*ck xxl freshman tho lol i like some of those rappers but not based on lyricism more on their beats and style (yachty and uzi). Their are plenty of other rappers out there that throw down and are making moves.

Yeah man agreed but it's just disappointing that they ain't gettin the attention they deserve

Posted: Oct 23, 2016 at 21:11 Quote
bluntosaurusrex wrote:
MaxDeutsch wrote:
bluntosaurusrex wrote:

I'm not saying there are not good rappers out there doing new shit but go watch xxl freshmen 2016 cypher and tell me that other than Denzel curry and little dicky that they were deserving?

f*ck xxl freshman tho lol i like some of those rappers but not based on lyricism more on their beats and style (yachty and uzi). Their are plenty of other rappers out there that throw down and are making moves.

Yeah man agreed but it's just disappointing that they ain't gettin the attention they deserve

true true

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 10:42 Quote
I think the real thing right now, and this applies to all genre's of music, is that it's so much easier for music to get popular and there's so much more music out there because of technology advances. There's always been shitty music out, there's just a whole lot more now because any idiot can post their shit to soundcloud or youtube. The radios don't determine what's popular anymore, meaning it's the average people who judge that. Do you guys think an Ugly God would have been popular in the 90's? Hell no. No radio DJ would have been playing something with that little musical merit.

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 13:10 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
I think the real thing right now, and this applies to all genre's of music, is that it's so much easier for music to get popular and there's so much more music out there because of technology advances. There's always been shitty music out, there's just a whole lot more now because any idiot can post their shit to soundcloud or youtube. The radios don't determine what's popular anymore, meaning it's the average people who judge that. Do you guys think an Ugly God would have been popular in the 90's? Hell no. No radio DJ would have been playing something with that little musical merit.

Lol I love ugly god

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 13:17 Quote
MaxDeutsch wrote:
ethan991 wrote:

Lol I love ugly god

I think his music has a place, but not any merit. Just my opinion. I mean, a lot like Yachty etc, that type of music just doesn't have the same artistic thought behind it as someone like Kendrick, J-Cole and many past greats.

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 14:28 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
MaxDeutsch wrote:
ethan991 wrote:

Lol I love ugly god

I think his music has a place, but not any merit. Just my opinion. I mean, a lot like Yachty etc, that type of music just doesn't have the same artistic thought behind it as someone like Kendrick, J-Cole and many past greats.

lol yea

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 16:09 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
MaxDeutsch wrote:
ethan991 wrote:

Lol I love ugly god

What I love though is that rap isn't as pretentious as some other genres, so it isn't all about being artistic. Some of these guys just want to have some fun, and rap provides a conduit. Maybe they aren't that talented, but the music can be enjoyable nonetheless.

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 16:56 Quote
piman wrote:
ethan991 wrote:
MaxDeutsch wrote:

Lol I love ugly god

What I love though is that rap isn't as pretentious as some other genres, so it isn't all about being artistic. Some of these guys just want to have some fun, and rap provides a conduit. Maybe they aren't that talented, but the music can be enjoyable nonetheless.

I completely agree. I still do think that there's a certain importance to representing the culture and what it was founded on correctly.

Posted: Oct 25, 2016 at 6:02 Quote
dingus wrote:

When's RTJ3 out?

Posted: Oct 25, 2016 at 6:23 Quote
I don't think they've said yet.

Posted: Oct 27, 2016 at 17:56 Quote
For the real heads...

Posted: Oct 28, 2016 at 5:46 Quote

Edit I call dibs on using this for an edit

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019860
Mobile Version of Website