Official Hiphop/Rap Thread. (No lil wayne)

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Official Hiphop/Rap Thread. (No lil wayne)
Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 11:40 Quote
MaxDeutsch wrote:
piman wrote:
Death Grips are f*cking incredible. That was one of the best shows I've ever seen oh my god...
thats sick dudee!

One of the best parts was all the different people there. There were weirdos, punks, hardcore kids, rap fans, you name it. Ministry sucked though. I left after three songs.

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 13:56 Quote
I've had this one on repeat as of late:

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 13:59 Quote
I've been listening nonstop to the unreleased stuff from earl such as hat trick and wind in my sails I wish there was a studio quality mixtape of all those songs

Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 4:17 Quote
New Bishop Nehru album coming "soon" prod by DOOM and Kaytranada, should be decent.

Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 20:19 Quote
justin99 wrote:
I've had this one on repeat as of late:

yee bruh!
side note, this really looks like where i live

Posted: Dec 2, 2017 at 15:52 Quote
DJ Premier. The greatest hiphop producer of all time. Period.

Posted: Dec 4, 2017 at 9:48 Quote
The ghost of J Dilla would like a word

Posted: Dec 4, 2017 at 10:24 Quote
mr-germany wrote:

J Dilla is dope, but no way near Preemo. Look at the catalog.... Doesn’t compare.

Posted: Dec 4, 2017 at 18:59 Quote
fredro wrote:
mr-germany wrote:

J Dilla is dope, but no way near Preemo. Look at the catalog.... Doesn’t compare.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Posted: Dec 4, 2017 at 20:11 Quote
Oh stop it you guys. If he’s your favorite that’s one thing, but give the GOAT his due. He’s been around since the 80s and has cataloged over 1000 songs, working with the greatest MCs ever. The numbers don’t lie...

Posted: Dec 5, 2017 at 1:55 Quote
Sorry, Dilla has an other worldly quality to his beats and ESPECIALLY his drum placements. Preemo is great and definitely a top 5 producer but I'd place both Dilla and madlib over him.

Posted: Dec 5, 2017 at 11:06 Quote
mr-germany wrote:
Sorry, Dilla has an other worldly quality to his beats and ESPECIALLY his drum placements. Preemo is great and definitely a top 5 producer but I'd place both Dilla and madlib over him.

tup Opinions are like assh*les....everyone has one, but again, the numbers and the accolades don't lie. The body of work is irrefutable.

Anyway, all good. Carry on. Beer

Posted: Dec 6, 2017 at 5:31 Quote
Volume doesn't necessarily equate to impact. Think Biggie. His catalog is sparse compared to 2Pac, yet they left similar impacts on hip hop.

I won't directly refute Premier as the greatest of all time though. He's definitely up there somewhere. Maybe #1, maybe not. I don't know.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013395
Mobile Version of Website