Official Hiphop/Rap Thread. (No lil wayne)

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Official Hiphop/Rap Thread. (No lil wayne)
Posted: May 22, 2019 at 15:36 Quote
RedOctober wrote:

Nice.

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 0:46 Quote
Long time no see. Anyone in here into teamsesh (bones, Xavier wulf, Chris Travis, Eddy Baker, and the slew of dope producers from their camp)?

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 1:37 Quote
Xavier wulf is pretty sick

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 13:59 Quote
The new Madlib and Freddie Gibbs album is an instant classic. Definitely worth checking out the whole thing. Here's one of my favorite tracks:

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 14:18 Quote
justin99 wrote:
The new Madlib and Freddie Gibbs album is an instant classic. Definitely worth checking out the whole thing. Here's one of my favorite tracks:

I second this! instant hit and definitely best album of 2019 so far

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
Coming into this as a Madlib amateur and major Gibbs fan, I'll be honest, I was lightly underwhelmed. I think they fixed the biggest issue with Pinata (too many features) and overall it's a more consistent project, but I don't think it hits the same highs as Pinata and Thuggin/Shame EPs. For instance I think Black Thought and Yasiin Bey are top 5 all time and I was unbelievably excited to hear them over Madlib (and we KNOW Freddie and Black Thought work well together, from Extradite) but Education was a pretty forgettable song.

It's hard to fault Madlib for his contributions because ultimately it's whatever beats Freddie really kills that make it onto the album - but I definitely didn't find the beats as exciting. Maybe it's because they released this one through a major and Madlib actually had to clear his samples, who knows.

I'm keeping an open mind for it to grow on me, and trying to be realistic about the fact that Pinata's impact was thanks to the novelty of the match-up, the videos that went with the EPs, as well as the music itself. I agree it's an instant classic and it's definitely one of the best of the year thus far, though.

Hope they give this one a video -

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 10:11 Quote
And more on the topic of Gibbs....

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 13:42 Quote
And another phenomenal freestyle:

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016095
Mobile Version of Website