Best DH bike?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Best DH bike?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 13:21 Quote
I was wondering what is the best dh bike for tight tracks with alot of tight turns and jumps? The bike should be pretty light and take tight turns very good. It should also be well handeld in the air and should be funn. I narrowed the list down to these bikes:

Mongoose Boot R Team
Rocky Mountain Flatline
Yeti 303r dh
Specialized demo 8
Morewood Izimu
Morewood Makulu
Gaint Glory
Transition Blindside
Commencall Supreme dh

Could you guys help me on how these bikes ride??
Pros and Cons

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 15:43 Quote
not the mongoose they arent a top of the line brand and the flatline is more for rough steep fast tracks and little to no jumping and the transition blindside is made to be good for the money it is nice but not a top performer there new tr450 is though the yeti 303rdh is made exactly for what your describing
i dont know enough to comment on the other bikes

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 15:45 Quote
The one you prefer and feel most comfortable on is the best for you. There is no overall best bike...

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 15:48 Quote
mongoose... UTR ... NO gonna want something with a short wheel base, how steep are your tracks?

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 15:49 Quote
you forgot the turner DHR.
in before this thread gets locked Razz

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 15:50 Quote
what about the turner dw? or does that = dhr?

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 17:13 Quote
NWray wrote:
what about the turner dw? or does that = dhr?

dw is a suspension design on all turner bikes. dhr is a downhill bike.

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 17:28 Quote
There is no best, only better. Every year there's so much change and improvements that there is never a best bike set in stone. It's down to personal preference. There's so much variety on the market it just makes it impossible to pick a best bike because not everyone will agree.

Posted: Dec 9, 2009 at 1:23 Quote
hi guys,
i want to buy the Mongoose BootR 2010, is it worth it or not? I mean i can give 2500 euros for a bike and i dont know which to choose.

cheers

Posted: Dec 9, 2009 at 5:22 Quote
mongoose is UTR(unifide rear triangle) so your bb will move when the suspension does so ur reach will change throughout the travel, i would stear clear. go for the devici willson 1, spec'ed decently and it may be fsr i dont know what kind of restictions spesh has put on devinci. if u spend a around 400 euros more u can get the demo 8 1 Salute

Posted: Dec 9, 2009 at 5:33 Quote
NWray wrote:
mongoose is UTR(unifide rear triangle) so your bb will move when the suspension does so ur reach will change throughout the travel, i would stear clear. go for the devici willson 1, spec'ed decently and it may be fsr i dont know what kind of restictions spesh has put on devinci. if u spend a around 400 euros more u can get the demo 8 1 Salute

You have confused me here! specialized dont have anything to do with devinci do they? this isnt an arsey statement just a "whaaaaaa" moment...

Posted: Dec 9, 2009 at 5:42 Quote
Are u tell me that the Specialized Demo 8.1 is better than the Mongoose BootR 2010?
i don't think i can ship it in Greece the Demo or the Devinci.
any other suggestion?

Ok the Mongoose is not only for DH but u can use it as freeride, right?

Posted: Dec 9, 2009 at 5:53 Quote
Crankie wrote:
Are u tell me that the Specialized Demo 8.1 is better than the Mongoose BootR 2010?
any other suggestion?

what about the moorewood commencal and gaint are they any good

Posted: Dec 9, 2009 at 6:19 Quote
patrikorlainsky wrote:
Crankie wrote:
any other suggestion?

what about the moorewood commencal and gaint are they any good

I want something between DH and Freeride. any suggestions..???

Posted: Dec 9, 2009 at 6:27 Quote
what bikes can you get in Greece?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011431
Mobile Version of Website