Am i crazy..?

• Previous Page
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 14:54 Quote
alright guys, heres the deal. i want to start doing tricks, and want the benefits of no cables, but still have the brakes. how do you think it would be a good or bad idea to modify the brake's lever body so i can mount it to the rear chainstay so i can use my foot to stop and not worry about the cables up front? ideas, thoughts, comments, anything helpful is welcome! Smile

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
if your going to do that why not just go brakeless and use your foot to stop you?

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
sounds good, i was planning to do that wiht my shifter on my dj bike

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 15:03 Quote
ride breakless, it feels good trust me Smile

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 15:05 Quote
dmanj wrote:
if your going to do that why not just go brakeless and use your foot to stop you?

i dont really like brakeless Razz

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
if you still want the brakes why not get a giro

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
belairboy wrote:
dmanj wrote:

its virutally going to be the same though. you'll have to use your foot to stop you either way. and your tire is alot easier to find than a brake lever will be

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
dmanj wrote:
belairboy wrote:
dmanj wrote:

its virutally going to be the same though. you'll have to use your foot to stop you either way. and your tire is alot easier to find than a brake lever will be

ive tried running brakeless before, and i dont really like riding that way as i said before. and yes, its alot easier to use a rear lever on the chainstay

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 15:19 Quote
why not mount the lever on the underside of the top tube and you can just use one hand, keeping one on the bars.

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 15:21 Quote
MictheAussie wrote:
why not mount the lever on the underside of the top tube and you can just use one hand, keeping one on the bars.

i would like to be able to keep both hands on the bars, and that way i dont only have 1 hand in an emergency stop or somethin Razz

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 15:56 Quote
you can maybe someone make it like a dirtbike throttle and attach a cable to it or something when u turn it will pull the break..
dont know if it will work just a though

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 17:06 Quote
take ur brake lever, mount it, then put a peice of metal, stainless or aluminum, eeven strong plastic, and make a place that wil be easy to find wiht your foot,

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 17:13 Quote
For crying out loud just get a long cable. Unless your doing quadrouple tailwhips ANY long cable will be fine.

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 17:18 Quote
demo-9 wrote:
For crying out loud just get a long cable. Unless your doing quadrouple tailwhips ANY long cable will be fine.
+1!

And besides, once you learn how to do those, your also going to know how to spin your bars back the other way on the next jump.

$10 says you rip a massive hole in your pants from your lever!Big Grin

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 17:52 Quote
My suggestion; keep the functioning brake where it is on the handlebars then go out for a ride and try an operate an imaginary foot brake. Feel free to even mount a brake lever that's not attached to the brake and see how things work out, see if it is a feasible idea.

Personally I would be afraid of my foot hitting the brake unintentionally especially when jumping. I would also be concerned about my shoe lace or pant leg getting tangled up in it. Even if you come up with a super sweet bracket idea, since its going to be mounted to a round tube there will always be the possibility of that brake lever slipping especially since you're going to be kicking it. Those would be my primary concerns

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012409
Mobile Version of Website