Mavic Crossride Disc Strong Enough For AM/Light DH?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Mavic Crossride Disc Strong Enough For AM/Light DH?
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 27, 2009 at 1:39 Quote
i had them on my yeti 575 my weight is 154 lb an i have riden the mega avalanche twice on them and also used them on 1 of the main DH track up scotland no problems 8 foot drops with no flat spots, i found them a strong wheel set but everybody is diffrent.

Posted: Dec 27, 2009 at 2:03 Quote
I gotta vouch for the revolutions... damn strong wheels!

Sun singletracks are pretty good for the money

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 12:22 Quote
I bottom out my RockShocks Revelation all mountain fork every ride and my mavic crossrides are still in meant condition. Then again I only weigh 120 pounds. You should probably go with something stronger, I just hate to here people bad mouth them.

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 13:44 Quote
PNWFreeride wrote:
Hey,
So im looking at picking up some new wheels for my Pitch Comp because the stock ones a flex'y and heavy.
I was looking at Mavic Crosslines orignally but saw the Crossride disks on the new Kona Cadabra.
And throught that I may be able to save some money.
So Im wondering if they would be strong enough for Agressive AM/Light DH/FR and maybe some park riding?

Im also looking at some Transition Revolution AM and like I said above the Crossline's.
Oh And,
If you have any other "all-mountain" wheelset suggestions thats under $400 and is fairly light(no weight xc weenie shit) they feel free to post.
Thankstup

They seem a bit light for drops and definitely for DH - maybe you could look into something more along the lines of a FSA Gravity wheelset?

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 15:33 Quote
RideOrDie2Day wrote:

They seem a bit light for drops and definitely for DH - maybe you could look into something more along the lines of a FSA Gravity wheelset?
Yea im looking to gets either the Easton AM, Mavic Crossline or Transition Revolution AM.
thanks though

Posted: Feb 27, 2012 at 20:22 Quote
In case anyone else comes along this post: I'm 220 lbs, ride AM (stunts, no launch drops, but really technical stuff, avg drop is 2-4ft - no launching), and the crossride's couldn't handle the stress. Had to be trued every ride and after about 20 rides, developed a hop that needed the LBS to true out (most of it anyway). This wheelset can't handle AM riding, unless maybe you weigh less than 150 lbs.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014303
Mobile Version of Website