ZHI trials frames

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
ZHI trials frames
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 at 20:18 Quote
I have been looking for a good starter bike/frame and have came across a frame made by ZHI, its the ZMI model. I am familiar with ZOO, GU, Monty, ECHO etc but haven;t heard much about ZHI

is it worth the money to see if I pick up trials? I have a feeling that if I start progressing and get hooked I will get a nice high end frame down the road.

Posted: Dec 9, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
zhi, echo, gu, adamant, rulong, zoo, czar are all great frames in the essence they give you a cheap opportunity to test ride geometries you may not like.

If you're a beginner, or an advanced rider. You dont need a 1200$ comp frame.

These chinese frames are wonderful because they give you a chance to play around with out spending alot of coin.

So yeah, giver! Over and over...

Posted: Dec 9, 2009 at 22:13 Quote
thanks for the info,

does anyone happen to know if the ZHI mod frames are 116mm spacing or 135? I'm guessing 116mm but still learning everything. Also are they 20 or 19" rear rims?

sorry for all the dumb questions but I did try a search.

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 18:46 Quote
Thats awsome your starting trials my brother rides a Zm2 zhi mod and likes it a lot. Dont forget practice practice practice! Thats all trials isSmile

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 18:57 Quote
I'm hoping with a proper trials frame I will stick with it. I built up a TREK Brusier about 8 years ago and it never really felt right, was heavy and awkward so I just sold it after building it up and only ride it for a few months.

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 19:15 Quote
scooter254 wrote:
I'm hoping with a proper trials frame I will stick with it. I built up a TREK Brusier about 8 years ago and it never really felt right, was heavy and awkward so I just sold it after building it up and only ride it for a few months.
That's what I started on!

ZHI's are great! I always recommend them...Smile

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
chronic-poker wrote:
116 and 19
Well, 20" in the front, 19" in the rear, no?

Just as not to confuse anyone. Not trying to be an over-corrective d*ck or anything, aha.

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 at 23:06 Quote
Might as well, you know how easy it is to find 19" front mod wheels these days Confused

Posted: Dec 19, 2009 at 9:24 Quote
chronic-poker wrote:
Might as well, you know how easy it is to find 19" front mod wheels these days Confused

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. I dont really follow the mod scene closely.. aha.

sorry then.Smile

EDIT: I think I read it wrong. I missed the sarcasm.. lol

Posted: Dec 19, 2009 at 10:52 Quote
There was a mod on webcyclery a few years ago with dual 19" wheels. Sorta pointless imo, just extra weight.

Posted: Dec 26, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
well I got my ZHI ZM1 from BTS today, the packaging was what I was expecting. but overall all the parts were in great shape.

you really can't beat a $76 CAD frame to get started on!!

I just ned to run it down to the powder coaters on monday for a nice gloss white paint job

Posted: Dec 26, 2009 at 20:40 Quote
scooter254 wrote:
well I got my ZHI ZM1 from BTS today, the packaging was what I was expecting. but overall all the parts were in great shape.

you really can't beat a $76 CAD frame to get started on!!

I just ned to run it down to the powder coaters on monday for a nice gloss white paint job
Pics before and after plz!

Posted: Dec 26, 2009 at 21:36 Quote
can't find my camera so here are a few form my cell phone. the cranks are blue anodized ZHI CNC ISIS cranks with a gold ZHI half bash ring
photo
photo

Posted: Dec 26, 2009 at 21:47 Quote
Nice frame dude. Let us know how stiff those cranks are when you use them.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012744
Mobile Version of Website