Iron horse are no more? is this true

PB Forum :: Downhill
Iron horse are no more? is this true
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 3:05 Quote
i heard on the web that iron horse have gone bust jw if this is true bad news if it is dose anyone know what happeded to them

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 3:16 Quote
yeah it is true! from what i heard they just couldnt make ends meet and had to close! HOWEVER i also heard some big company may have bought them out! someone like specialized it think! so who knows what the future holds for iron horse!

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 3:48 Quote
Old news but yes they are done. I heard some idiot in head office ran them into the ground. But I did also here someone bought the company afterwards could be cool to see where it goes from here?

Ryan

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 4:25 Quote
Iron Horse are long gone

its doubtful its coming back because 3 factories in Taiwan are reported to be ower $5 million by Iron Horse, and DW (Dave Weagle) is also owed for unpaid royalties on the DW Link licensing that Iron Horse used

from what is commonly known, they ran into serious financial difficulties, and the owner was allededly selling the bikes at below cost, to his associate who ran an on-line cycle retail shop - it was all profit as Iron Horse were going down

there were some good people working there, and they lost their jobs, but the management was corrupt from what has been widely reported from people in the know

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 4:33 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
Iron Horse are long gone

its doubtful its coming back because 3 factories in Taiwan are reported to be ower $5 million by Iron Horse, and DW (Dave Weagle) is also owed for unpaid royalties on the DW Link licensing that Iron Horse used

from what is commonly known, they ran into serious financial difficulties, and the owner was allededly selling the bikes at below cost, to his associate who ran an on-line cycle retail shop - it was all profit as Iron Horse were going down

there were some good people working there, and they lost their jobs, but the management was corrupt from what has been widely reported from people in the know

so is there any truth in what ive heard about iron horse being bought out by another company or has it just completely gone to shit and we will never see another iron horse bike in shops again?

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 9:33 Quote
well the bulk of Iron Horse's sales were cheap, department store bikes, not their high end mountain bikes like the Sunday

Iron Horse in the States was like Raleigh or Apollo in the UK!

their high end stuff sold in much smaller quantities

who knows if it will come back??

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 10:15 Quote
this is from the dorel website (the co. that bought Iron Horse):

In July 2009 Dorel purchased the assets of Iron Horse Bicycles, another highly recognized brand, particularly for its mountain and trail bikes. This brand is being marketed to the Sporting Goods channel, where, to date, Dorel has not had a significant position.

Further in 2009, Dorel acquired the assets of distributors in tin Australia and the United Kingdom, strengthening its presence in these markets and furthering Dorel’s objective of becoming a global leader in bicycle industry. These distributors form part of the Cycling Sports Group (CSG) worldwide which is dedicated to the Independent Bike Dealer (IBD) channel.

LINK

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 16:39 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
from what is commonly known, they ran into serious financial idiocy, and the owner was allededly selling the bikes at below cost, to his son Randall Scott who ran an on-line cycle retail shop - it was all profit as Iron Horse were going down
pretty foolish

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
that would make sense that specialized bought them maybe thats why hill and fairclough went to specialized

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
well the bulk of Iron Horse's sales were cheap, department store bikes, not their high end mountain bikes like the Sunday

Iron Horse in the States was like Raleigh or Apollo in the UK!

their high end stuff sold in much smaller quantities

who knows if it will come back??

Yeah, I've seen "IronHorse" bikes at SportCheck for $89 at the cheapest for a new bike. Their low end stuff is really department store level. Nothing like the Sunday.

Posted: Dec 18, 2009 at 20:11 Quote
KonaStinkyKid100 wrote:
that would make sense that specialized bought them maybe thats why hill and fairclough went to specialized
specialized did not buy IHBC

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2009 at 12:40 Quote
I believe they are now owned by Dorel. Dorel is the company that now owns Cannondale and the Pacific Cycle Group (Schwinn/GT/Mongoose). My guess is you will most likely see the Iron Horse name return, but only in the mass merchant chain stores such as Walmart and Target.

Posted: Dec 19, 2009 at 12:51 Quote
i was reading abou tit in a mbuk mag... they bought out by a mass company who own 2+ otrher brands...

Posted: Dec 19, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
that is a bad thing about ironhorse cus if u get a nice one then people with the walmart ironhorses think there bike is as nice or better than yours

Posted: Dec 19, 2009 at 20:14 Quote
KonaStinkyKid100 wrote:
the reason they both went to specialized is because they're both on the monster racing team so when monster changed there bike sponsor to specialized they went along with it.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012981
Mobile Version of Website