DJ build up?

Posted: Dec 19, 2009 at 12:32 Quote
for the fork id look at the society dj it costs £160 gdp and only wieghs 4.6plbs is a good fork as a local pro (danny pace) uses it and he rides hard . wheels- iff you want ready built wheelset id look at something like a halo sas djdSmile

Posted: Dec 19, 2009 at 15:36 Quote
mbktim wrote:
for the fork id look at the society dj it costs £160 gdp and only wieghs 4.6plbs is a good fork as a local pro (danny pace) uses it and he rides hard . wheels- iff you want ready built wheelset id look at something like a halo sas djdSmile
That fork is really aweful and is just a rebranded rst space (also the claimed weight is way off, they are more like 5.5lbs). And that wheelset is ok, it can take a beating but is very heavy.

Posted: Dec 19, 2009 at 15:44 Quote
Take it from me (A previous owner)
They're shit, and as he said are rebranded RST's! The adjustment is none existant, the flex is crazy and the whole ride quality is all around terrible, I suggest you save for an argyle or go for this due to it being cheap http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30253

Very cheap, will last you a long time and is a good fork Smile

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 at 9:10 Quote
SubstancePhil wrote:
you should get a Atomlab G.I Wheelset they are not too exspensive and are strong and good looking and different
or get a atomlab pimplite witch is extremmely light and very strong Smile

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 at 9:12 Quote
stefans wrote:
SubstancePhil wrote:
you should get a Atomlab G.I Wheelset they are not too exspensive and are strong and good looking and different
Couldnt agree more Smile

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 at 9:29 Quote
my spokes arnt even tight and i ride hard and the wheel only has a small buckle Smile and there cheepISH lol

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 at 10:06 Quote
stefans wrote:
SubstancePhil wrote:
Thing is, they arent light.

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 at 10:14 Quote
They are 615g, which is 15g over claimed weight. The mavic 721 is just as strong or stronger and weighs in at 570g. There are many rims under 600g that are better than the atomlabs.

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 at 10:18 Quote
Care to recommened any good 24" rims? (light)

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 at 10:20 Quote
go with a bmx rim if you got 24's. I got the alienation runaway wich is very light and an amazing rim. Check out the odyssey hasard lites to.

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 at 10:21 Quote
Yeah, I was thinking about the runaways, just a shame that all the online shops that have the rims don't sell 20mm front hubs and vice versa so I can't get a free wheel build.

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 at 14:49 Quote
AtomlabPimp wrote:
Yeah, I was thinking about the runaways, just a shame that all the online shops that have the rims don't sell 20mm front hubs and vice versa so I can't get a free wheel build.

In my experience, wheelbuilds from online shops are pretty shitty

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 at 15:36 Quote
I don't like build ups from Online shops either. Thats why I want a factory built wheel set.

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 at 15:37 Quote
Get them done in your LBS, normally you can bargain with them for a tension check and spoke tighten after the build!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014822
Mobile Version of Website