40 vs dorado.

• Previous Page
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 13:59 Quote
Hey, I'm getting a new bike, with a fox 40 on it. I currently own a dorado. I'm not sure if I should use the 40 or the dorado, they're both such amazing forks.

Who thinks what is better, and why?

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 14:05 Quote
Try 40 out if you havent already.

What you could do is sell the 40 if your happy with your Dorado and get some good coin back in return. The Dorado probably isnt worth much on the market anymore.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 14:07 Quote
I own a Dorado (05' 180mm TPC) and I've ridden a 40. I was more concious of breaking the 40 than the carbon Dorado. That said the 40 felt nice, but it only had a couple hours on it. My Dorado feels amazing after a service and than falls off, I'm sure the 40 would be the same. For longevity, the Dorados of course aren't made any more so getting parts can be an issue, but I've heard Fox's customer services on warrenty issues are awful. There's about a .7 pound differance, but since the Dorado is inverted the unsprung weight it much less, making it feel as though it weighs less. It's up to you.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 14:07 Quote
id use the 40, its just a better fork in my oppinion, but im biased, i just dont like the dorado, i hate forks that come up from the bottom, just a personal thing. Blank Stare

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 14:23 Quote
I currently have a 40 and I would swear by it. It's so smooth and really easy to work on. You will spend time having to set it up properly, but it's worth it.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 15:02 Quote
Alright, thanks for the opinions, guys. And yeah, I have to get a new left seal for the dorado, and that's hell in itself. I know I can get one, but as far as I've seen, Manitou doesn't make them. I know there's still tons of parts for the 40. Also, the 40 is 2006, and the dorado is 2003.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 15:06 Quote
sell both and buy a new dorado

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 15:09 Quote
suckafreedmr wrote:

Mmmmmmmm drool, 6.4 pounds, carbon, 36 mm stanchions, 8in travel, air. Too bad they aren't going to be out for another year.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 15:38 Quote
suckafreedmr wrote:

Yeah, can't really wait that long. But holy hell, those look nice. Also, a doubt I could afford a new dorado, even with an old dorado and a 40

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 16:03 Quote
sherbet wrote:
suckafreedmr wrote:

Yeah, can't really wait that long. But holy hell, those look nice. Also, a doubt I could afford a new dorado, even with an old dorado and a 40

yeah so ride tour dorados for now and keep the 40 in good shape and sell both then buy new dorados!! Beer

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 16:06 Quote
since we're talking dorado here.... where the hell can I get new seals for my 03 dorado>?? I've been looking everywhere!!!

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 16:08 Quote
suckafreedmr wrote:
sherbet wrote:
suckafreedmr wrote:

yeah so ride tour dorados for now and keep the 40 in good shape and sell both then buy new dorados!! Beer

I can't have both forks at once, I need to sell one. -Need- the money.

Also, I have no idea where to buy 03 seals, that's why I'm leaning towards the 40.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 16:09 Quote
I'd hold onto the Dorado, since once I sold mine, I regretted it greatly.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 16:10 Quote
batdude1234 wrote:
I'd hold onto the Dorado, since once I sold mine, I regretted it greatly.

Well, if you want another, I'd sell you mine.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010506
Mobile Version of Website