My FIRST DJ BIKE.... advice/opinons thanks

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
My FIRST DJ BIKE.... advice/opinons thanks
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 18:25 Quote
no worrys guys.

but i skate and bike lol i do xc atm but wanna switch to dirt 4 a trial

Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 18:31 Quote
Bonz0 wrote:
HI all i am looking at dj bikes as i am keen to get into this category of biking and see what it's like

Being as this is my first one i do not have an unlimited budget, and i would upgrade parts gradually if i really get into it

I am looking at:

Blkmarkt riots or mobs
Blkmrkt trail king
Specialized p.1/p.2/p.3 (wat eva one is single speed, forgot)
And various others

My budget is around 900 pounds or 700 american dollars brand new but i am thinking of getting just a second hand one or a hardly used one to start with

So if you got anyother suggestions or advice for me looking at them i would really like to know as i am not familiar with much dj stuff.
BUT i know i do want a single speed.
Oh and what size should i be looking for, im 13 about 5.6-7ft tall and weigh about 40-50kg
Thanks

You should not worry about singlespeed or not. U can get it removed for 25 bucks if u have to. its a simple fix. and u may find that u like it for transportation anyways. just my opinion

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 18:32 Quote
Transition Trail Or Park? You can buy a frame, fork, and a build kit.

Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 18:33 Quote
Mike-MTB wrote:

ummmm what?

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 18:36 Quote
Bonz0 wrote:
Mike-MTB wrote:

ummmm what?
You can chose the frame color and size. White, yellow, or raw in short or long. Then you can chose the fork you want (Argyle 309,Pike,Dj1, etc) and the build kit (Wheels, tires,cranks,brakes,bars,headset,stem,pedals,chain..)

Just read the link already.

Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 18:43 Quote
Mike-MTB wrote:
Bonz0 wrote:
Mike-MTB wrote:

ummmm what?
You can chose the frame color and size. White, yellow, or raw in short or long. Then you can chose the fork you want (Argyle 309,Pike,Dj1, etc) and the build kit (Wheels, tires,cranks,brakes,bars,headset,stem,pedals,chain..)

Just read the link already.

But thats expensive and i have to buy the cranks wheels pedals chain etc all seperatly...

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 18:46 Quote
no everything is included.. its just a little out of the price range you stated..

Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 18:49 Quote
where would i get a build kit? i never seen a complete set or anything but would i have to order or sumin? (sorry, i know im not the brightest lol)

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
DUDE. How can you not understand. You go to your dealer and order the frame, fork, and build kit.

I don't even know if they are widely available in New Zealand... Maybe check out an NS Metropolis? If you could get one used, they are pretty pricey new.

Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 19:00 Quote
Mike-MTB wrote:
DUDE. How can you not understand. You go to your dealer and order the frame, fork, and build kit.

I don't even know if they are widely available in New Zealand... Maybe check out an NS Metropolis? If you could get one used, they are pretty pricey new.

ty but i dont think they are... i udnerstand the fork and frame etc but just not the build kit cause u would still have to pick everything in it.

ty tho. any other advice etc? anyone?

Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 19:05 Quote
Bonz0 wrote:
ty but i dont think they are...

Lolol. What you meant to say is "i don't know", because i know a few people in NZ that have 'em. Honestly, you seem to be a fair newbie to DJ'ing / bikes ... go buy something second hand that you can learn on and then come back when you have more of an idea of what you like / what you're looking for.

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 19:11 Quote
... KIT.. Build KIT, it comes in a KIT, a bundle of specific parts that the guys at Transition picked out to go on their bikes.

Dont even bother buying such a nice bike if you cant even understand something this basic.

Maybe a Norco 125, Kona Stuff or Giant Stp is more for you Im thinking.

Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 19:13 Quote
Mike-MTB wrote:
... KIT.. Build KIT, it comes in a KIT, a bundle of specific parts that the guys at Transition picked out to go on their bikes.

Dont even bother buying such a nice bike if you cant even understand something this basic.

oh so it a dif build kit for each brand...
now i get it

Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 19:16 Quote
Ha get a $100 15" spesh hardrock from ebay and beat it until it dies, Then come back. I have seen people go pretty big on their stock hardrocks so it should be enough for you to get started, especially if it turns out you don't like to ride DJ. I wouldn't recommend a spesh P bike because they are expensive to make nice. I don't have allot of experience with anything else so I can't tell you what to get.

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 at 19:17 Quote
Bonz0 wrote:
Mike-MTB wrote:

oh so it a dif build kit for each brand...
now i get it
Facepalm Close but no cigar.

These are the KITS that you can order with any Transition bike. http://www.transitionbikes.com/PartsKits.cfm?F=BR&P=850

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024444
Mobile Version of Website