Balerno Trails

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Balerno Trails
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 10:52 Quote
I, with a little help from fellow bikers, am trying to gain permission to build a DJ/FR park or whatever you wish to call it, in Balerno, Scotland. We have a rough idea of what we wish to build and it will be for all abilities as well as a great place for mountain bikers to master their skills.

The Plan: we are hoping to build a pumptrack
a line of tabletop jumps
an intermediate line of gap jumps
a larger line of gap jumps
and a duel slalom course

The land is owned by Edinburgh council and we hope to gain permission to build the trails. There has been a Facebook page set up:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Balerno-Trails/191588778940?ref=ts
We hope that everyone who is in support of the project and has Facebook will join the group.

You can also simply show your support right here on this thread.

More importantly there is a online petition that we wish everyone to sign please:
http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/33614.html

If you want to know any more info etc get in touch!

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 11:03 Quote
i will sign/do anything to help

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 11:08 Quote
sorry i cant do much to help from down here in county durham but best of luck with the council and happy trail building.Smile

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 12:18 Quote
im helping should be funSmile

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 12:37 Quote
sounds good im up for it

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 12:47 Quote
Yeeeh it will be great Willing to help

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 13:02 Quote
Great stuff guys, hope it all works out for u'sBeer

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 14:12 Quote
Thanks everyone so far for the support and offers to help!

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 17:27 Quote
ill totally do anything to help if possible from here across the pond.

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 8:11 Quote
ill get my spade and get gnarly

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 9:22 Quote
Great guys, over 200 fans...gonna try get some petitions in some local Edinburgh bike shops, so if your in anytime, then please don't hesitate to sign!

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 11:58 Quote
ill help and dom im not guy u poof

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 11:58 Quote
im meant im not gay

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
marksmith100 wrote:
Yeeeh it will be great Willing to help
mark never helps by the way

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 15:11 Quote
Hello mate, good luck with your trails. Im doing a similar thing down here. One thing you'll probably need is to get the area safety checked as its council owned (this is usually done through RoSPA) basically needs a decent surface and a clearly defined start/finish area. I wanted to build a massive pump track with bowls, transfers and a nice set of trails down one side, but due to h&s bollox I cant.

It may be different up in Scotland but the best thing to do is chat to someone up there that has built trails already (on council owned land) to see what you needSmile

Stick at it, working with the council means you WILL hit roadblocks but just keep on at it, I have and it looks like there will be some funding and a possibility of getting a chunk more land, so im hoping to get the dragon downhill guys to build a nice trail facilitySmile

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012131
Mobile Version of Website