PC Gamers report in!

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 at 9:04 Quote
I kinda like it ahhaa, but thanks.

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 16:51 Quote
So aight guys thought you may be able to help. Here is my problem.

For my computer to work, I need to first turn it on, then leave it for about 2 minutes, then hit the 'restart' button on the case for it to work. It's slightly frustraiting as I have to go through the whole "Windows shut down incorrectly" thing. I'm fairly sure it's a problem with my graphics card as before I restart it it says "mode cannot be displayed" Or something similar.

So, for my computer to work I go through these steps.

1, Turn on.
2, Wait for the monitor to display "Mode cannot be displayed" and for the graphics card to make a whirring noise.
3, Hit restart.
4, IT WORKS!

Any help would be awesome, it's a brand new PC. I built it up and all the parts are compatible. Thanks alot, George.

Any ideas? I'm clueless, this is EVERY time I turn the pc on.

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 22:53 Quote
DELETE SYSTEM 32

works e'rry time

On a more serious note, try checking to see if all your gfx drivers are up to date, and try booting with a single monitor (if I remember correctly, is it you running two dual screens?)

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 0:17 Quote
Yeeee done the driver update and it was happening before I got the second monitor.

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 6:27 Quote
I just typed in your error message to google and it says this person is getting the same message because he has set his resolution too high for his monitor to display. When you get into Windows try setting the resolution to 800x600 and turning it off then on again. It might work. If it does then you can set the correct resolution for your monitor.

Or you could have set the refresh rate too high for your monitor, make sure it is at 60Hz, that is default.

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 7:04 Quote
I've done the refresh rate to no avail. I'll give the resolution a shot. Thanks, it's just I'm not sure why it does it, then when I restart its fine.

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 14:55 Quote
I expect your motherboard resets a setting when it fails to boo the first time, which is why it does after the reboot. Then I guess when you get into windows the setting gets changed back automatically so the cycle begins again. So you just need to find the setting. This is all guesswork but good luck!

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 14:56 Quote
Haha yeah man, thanks for the help.

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 15:58 Quote
Win7 ultimate 64-bit
Amd Phenom II X4 (2.5ghz)
direct X11
Sapphire 4870
64gb SSD for OS and games
some other random junk as my document drive
4gb Ram

Old ford fiesta car seat, two old, school desks
a gaming mouse and a decent keyboard
some nice cans and a mic

you get the idea

COD2, 4, 5 6

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 at 16:06 Quote
tomcaffry wrote:
COD4, 5 6

It was sounding awesome until this part Razz

Posted: Apr 28, 2010 at 7:42 Quote
HayesFail wrote:
tomcaffry wrote:
COD4, 5 6

It was sounding awesome until this part Razz
You beat me to it :/ i was so disappointed :L

Posted: Apr 28, 2010 at 8:15 Quote
Still a pretty sick build, and cod4 isnt all that bad, i like cod5, then cod6 just fails but i still play it... does the 4870 have dx11?

Posted: Apr 28, 2010 at 10:54 Quote
My dx Diag says im running dx 11 so i guess so!
at the moment i'm super bored of cod6 the features on it kick ass its just the lack of dedicated servers that has killed it for me.
Cod4 is a much purer gaming experience, i still play COD2 aswell!

Posted: Apr 28, 2010 at 12:07 Quote
tomcaffry wrote:
My dx Diag says im running dx 11 so i guess so!
at the moment i'm super bored of cod6 the features on it kick ass its just the lack of dedicated servers that has killed it for me.
Cod4 is a much purer gaming experience, i still play COD2 aswell!
Cod2 was brilliant, rifle servers ftw. The 4870 doesnt have dx11, older gen, i have same card.

Posted: Apr 28, 2010 at 13:00 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://yfrog.com/jodxdiag2jUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://yfrog.com/6bdxdiagvj
Well explain that :S
dx 11 4800 series (is a 4870)
EDIT:
and yeah, i hardly play with much else other than bolts!
EDIT 2
Apparently i made a boo boo, your right the card is 10, the os is 11 which to me makes no sense Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020795
Mobile Version of Website