What would be the best maxxis tyre for downhill in the snow,mud ect

PB Forum :: Tutorials
What would be the best maxxis tyre for downhill in the snow,mud ect
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 at 11:32 Quote
jonnyw374 wrote:
bunkey wrote:
f*ck Maxxis. Get some Intense Spike FRO's for mud/snow! Pirate
but they csot like even more than maxxis and arn't much better...

also the sidewalls crack after a week Frown

FL
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 at 12:36 Quote
bunkey wrote:
jonnyw374 wrote:
bunkey wrote:
f*ck Maxxis. Get some Intense Spike FRO's for mud/snow! Pirate
but they csot like even more than maxxis and arn't much better...

Ive never run Spikes myself, but I run 909's just now. I switched to them after running minions and high rollers for a few years - Im never going back to Maxxis. Theres no harm in trying them, theyre still not too expensive if you hunt about a bit.
i have tried intence tyres... and they are pretty good... bout the same asa maxxis.. but are just more expencive...

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 1:21 Quote
hey guys, just wondering if anyone has tried wetscreams in the snow? If so, are they good? or are there better tyres for snow/ice (snow in particular). Also i don't want to do the whole drill the nail into the tyre thing. lol

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 3:08 Quote
SimonH182 wrote:
hey guys, just wondering if anyone has tried wetscreams in the snow? If so, are they good? or are there better tyres for snow/ice (snow in particular). Also i don't want to do the whole drill the nail into the tyre thing. lol
i have used a wetscream in snow, it works well because it digs in especialy if it's powdery. as for ice theres not much you can do there mate

and btw where is there snow in australia?

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 11:35 Quote
propza wrote:
SimonH182 wrote:
i have used a wetscream in snow, it works well because it digs in especialy if it's powdery. as for ice theres not much you can do there mate

yer you can go skiing in Aus too Wink

they have a mountain or 2 i think, thats where the snow is Razz

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 23:27 Quote
propza wrote:
SimonH182 wrote:

EXCUSE ME! aha there are 5 main skiing moutains in victoria and more in New south Wales and so on. I rest my case.

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 1:33 Quote
told you they had a few mountains Wink

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 4:27 Quote
SimonH182 wrote:
propza wrote:
SimonH182 wrote:

EXCUSE ME! aha there are 5 main skiing moutains in victoria and more in New south Wales and so on. I rest my case.

sorry i just thought it was all realy dry and all deserts, i was just asking btw i didn't mean that offencivley

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 5:07 Quote
nah thats k mate i was just kiddin' around

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 5:35 Quote
I got some Geax Daturas to test in the wet/loose Big Grin They look pretty good.

I saw snow when I was in Australia a few years ago not much though. Australia is awesome apart from the wierd driving licence system.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012524
Mobile Version of Website