San Luis Obispo Riders

PB Forum :: USA - West
San Luis Obispo Riders
Posted: Mar 10, 2014 at 22:10 Quote
Danket wrote:
Driving down from British Columbia in October. Where should I look for road bike rides in your area. Any ideas for searches would help

morning glory.....is not what youre looking for. perfumo canyon/see canyon is a nice scenic climb that has good apple cider for instant fuel. highway 1 is a flat out and back, not too exciting, but visitors tend to like parts of highway 1 to ride on. you can also ride around orcutt road which contains many surrounding wineries that you can visit along the way.

Posted: Mar 11, 2014 at 7:32 Quote
jride29 wrote:
lets ride highland park NH
mtbrider71 wrote:
Hello everyone. Currently living in Connecticut, I am a DH racer, freerider etc etc, pretty much all types of biking; also a trail builder. I am currently considering transferring schools to Calpoly, but trails/trail potential is really going to play a big factor in whether I choose to or not. So my question is what type of trails are out there? And is there potential for a trail builder to make more?

Thanks!

Hell yeah

Posted: Mar 11, 2014 at 9:16 Quote
There is really good trail/ AM riding in SLO and a few DH trails if you get in with the locals. There is a pretty dedicated trail building crew, CCCMB and FASTA, but they are more trail/ sustainability oriented and don't build trails aimed at the DH and FR crowd. Anything steep or big bike worthy is built "illegally", but there is some and potential if you get in with the right crowd, are dedicated, and quiet.

Posted: Mar 11, 2014 at 12:06 Quote
In cambria there's Santa Rosa creek rd to hwy 46

Posted: Apr 28, 2014 at 20:14 Quote
is there anybody that would be willing to show me and a couple friends some trails in slo this weekend, one of our friends is getting a bike there and we were wondering if there was anyone who could show us some good downhill runs

Posted: Jul 29, 2014 at 13:16 Quote
Has anything happened with the old Ancient Peaks DH trail? I know that race is a bust and probably never gonna happen again, Any chance of opening up the trail for private/paid usage?

Posted: Jul 29, 2014 at 20:25 Quote
Looking for people to build with, I know there's CCCMB and FASTA, but if I'm not mistaken they aren't doing anything right now. And if no one else is building either some new riding buddies would be just as good!

Posted: Aug 9, 2014 at 19:11 Quote
Ancient Peak is private property and it is off limits. The trail has been abandoned as the owners have chose not to allow races or access to the property anymore as their past experiences with race turn outs and other reasons have not been discontinued. Many efforts have been made to try to bring it back but its all been unsuccessful. Feel free to follow "Sace ancient peaks" on facebook as any new news will be posted there.

Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 12:12 Quote
BallerBoy33 wrote:
Looking for people to build with, I know there's CCCMB and FASTA, but if I'm not mistaken they aren't doing anything right now. And if no one else is building either some new riding buddies would be just as good!

CCCMB and FASTA dont really do much building during the summer as the dirt is too dry.

We just posted the new build/ride schedule for Fall 2014. Here is a link to the schedule: http://www.gofasta.org/2014-build-ride-days/

We have a shuttle day coming up on October 18 to kick off the build season.

See you out there!

Edit: Link

Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 12:34 Quote
Ah man, I wish I had known about any of this when I was going to school there.

Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 6:44 Quote
Anyone up to get together to watch Rampage this Sunday?

Get food, drinks, etc...?

I don't have a TV however.

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 6:53 Quote
Just recently moved to SLO and looking around I can see terrain all day and no trails. I've done some hikes in the area but would much rather ride all day long than walk!

Kind of holding off on getting a bike until I know if there's enough of a DH shuttle culture here or not.

How many of you are actively meeting up here?

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 14:01 Quote
There isn't a huge shuttle "culture" just because there isn't a lot of shuttling spots. You can shuttle the grade but that really limits you to a few trails. Most people ride trail bikes and get rowdy on them. Or they have a DH bike for the few true DH trails. Where have you been hiking/scoping?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011921
Mobile Version of Website