San Luis Obispo Riders

PB Forum :: USA - West
San Luis Obispo Riders
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 17:15 Quote
JMslo wrote:
There isn't a huge shuttle "culture" just because there isn't a lot of shuttling spots. You can shuttle the grade but that really limits you to a few trails. Most people ride trail bikes and get rowdy on them. Or they have a DH bike for the few true DH trails. Where have you been hiking/scoping?

I've done the few major hikes in and around town. Madonna, Bishop etc.

But the terrain has so much potential around the area that it seems crazy not to have a ton of amazing trails. Which I'm sure more than one person has ID'd decades before my arrival, haha...and certainly developed.

This winter's going to be a bit tight for me on schedule, so it'll likely be spring time before I invest in a (new) bike. Should give me some time to get to know some of the local scene.

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 20:48 Quote
The terrain is awesome and the potential is huge but unfortunately you can't just build a trail wherever you want. Doesn't work like that.

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 20:56 Quote
JMslo wrote:
The terrain is awesome and the potential is huge but unfortunately you can't just build a trail wherever you want. Doesn't work like that.

Well I mean you could technically build wherever you want, but it's just a matter of time until you get caught or get in troubleWink Doesn't mean you should do it though, in my hometown I have seen much a lot of progress made towards great legal trails by a few guys that feel like riding a hiking trail or doing their own thing on private land

Posted: Nov 8, 2014 at 15:45 Quote
JMslo wrote:

I think I've picked up on that fact Wink

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018621
Mobile Version of Website